NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-17, 07:50 AM   #1
ChaChung
Native

Default Ami hwy 53

Hey everyone. Chilly weekend but got to go out to fish Friday morning and Sat late afternoon on the Ami DH. 2 hrs or so each time.

Friday morning I started out throwing the "natural stuff" with no luck for about an hour. I tried a bunch of different ones then decided to try out the y2k.... then had 3 fish relatively quickly. Then moved upstream to another spot and picked up14 more in the next hour or so. I suspect that it's been recently restocked since I never have that much luck unless they've been dropped within the last couple of days. Had to call the morning early because my buddy stepped into a deep hole and got himself all wet. Pretty dangerous with the outside temp hovering just above freezing and water Temps in low 40s.

Saturday late afternoon I got on the river on the same spot and fished for about 2 hrs. Met a new fly angler, Ray, there and chatted while I was showed him what I was using to catch stockies. It was nice to meet you, Ray.

Fishing wasn't as hot as the Friday morning and I ended up with 6 to net and a few lost during retrieval. Good sized stockies... I'll post a few pix but you all know what stocked rainbows look like...

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

@chuckychun9
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 02:42 PM   #2
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Well done!
Sorry your buddy got wet, but getting him warm and dry takes priority over continuing to fish! Consider packing dry clothes in Winter; everyone has a bad day now and again.

I haven't gotten to the Ami this year......I think it's time to go.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-17, 08:17 AM   #3
ChaChung
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
Well done!
Sorry your buddy got wet, but getting him warm and dry takes priority over continuing to fish! Consider packing dry clothes in Winter; everyone has a bad day now and again.

I haven't gotten to the Ami this year......I think it's time to go.

Thanks! Yeah. I good tip about leaving extra clothes in the car. We were talking about how if we were miles away from the car, we could've been in real trouble.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

@chuckychun9
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote