NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-17, 03:22 PM   #1
TNTTROUTHUNTER
Native

Default Toccoa DH

Me and a buddy thats new to fly fishing are gonna give the Toccoa DH a shot. anyone know how its been fishin? And whats been workin? just tyrin to get him on some fish. Thanks
TNTTROUTHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 06:08 PM   #2
WillieJ
Stocker

The DH has been awesome. I've been having a lot of success with a wooly bugger (black) or pats Rubber legs with something flashy below that like a 16 or 18 rainbow warrior. Use weight, fish deep. Try the deep runs at the water guage on dial Rd.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
WillieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-17, 08:26 AM   #3
Swimmer
Native

Headed to the Toccoa DH tomorrow with a couple of friends. Has anyone fished it recently and can provide an update of how it's fishing? Any dry fly action?
Old 02-20-17, 09:27 AM   #4
WillieJ
Stocker

Been catching them on black caddis flies. On warmer days there's usually some good bug action around noon and then again at dusk. If they're rising but not taking your dries throw a caddis pupa at them or swing a soft hackle. The fishing has been great though. Have fun! If you see a tall bearded guy, come say hi.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
WillieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-17, 11:05 AM   #5
GBram
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Headed to the Toccoa DH tomorrow with a couple of friends. Has anyone fished it recently and can provide an update of how it's fishing? Any dry fly action?
Fished for three hours on Saturday in the cold rain and managed to catch five. Three came on a #14 tungsten beadhead wooly bugger, olive in color. One came on a pink egg pattern and one on a Red @$$ wet fly. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 02-20-17, 03:59 PM   #6
AK Pipeline
Native

Default Slow Going

I fished it for about an hour this weekend. Saw a lot of fish, but they weren't active. I received some solace from speaking with other folks, a few of whom shared the odor of skunk with me.
AK Pipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-17, 04:10 PM   #7
eyeflyfish
Native

I fished Sunday morning from 7:45 to 11:00 and caught exactly zero. Fished from upriver of the water gauge to past the canoe launch. Saw five fish. first time in many moons that I couldn't get a hit on something.
eyeflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-17, 09:40 PM   #8
Brotherbear
Native

Black and deep always this time of year 30 years experience.
Old 02-20-17, 11:04 PM   #9
Fly Rod
Native

Fished the DH on Sunday afternoon. Hit a small pool where they were rising. Caught 5 on a small black caddis.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-17, 05:56 PM   #10
Swimmer
Native

The 3 of us hit it hard today from about 9am until 3pm. Fishing was relatively slow but we managed about 25 fish, mostly on small black nymphs. Nothing hatching and no rises. Wind started blowing and stopped anything happening on the surface. The fish we did catch were healthy with gorgeous colors and ran about 9-12 inches. Water is very low and clear.