NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-17, 09:21 AM   #1
Shooter25
Stocker

Default Ami 2-20

Hello Everyone!
I was able to fish for the first time in about a year on Monday since I did not have to work because of the holiday. This was my first time fishing Ami and what a great time I had! I started fishing about 9am and had a slow start as I got familiar with the water, but by 11:30 I had caught 3 fish. After taking a break to shed some clothes as the temp was rising up to 70 and eat some lunch the fishing ramped up for a really good afternoon. I was able to net about 7-8 more great trout. The fly that worked for me was a dropper #18 zebra midge as about 75% of my catch was on this fly.
I canít thank all of those enough that replied to my previous post asking for suggestions on my first trip to Ami, it was very helpful and helped me have a successful day. Overall, it was a great day with great weather, and was even able to meet a couple fellow NGTO members. Canít wait to get back in the water soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg (87.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (39.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4527.jpg (147.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4529.jpg (33.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4530.jpg (59.6 KB, 65 views)
Shooter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-17, 02:25 PM   #2
The Snag Whisperer
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter25 View Post
Hello Everyone!
I was able to fish for the first time in about a year on Monday since I did not have to work because of the holiday. This was my first time fishing Ami and what a great time I had! I started fishing about 9am and had a slow start as I got familiar with the water, but by 11:30 I had caught 3 fish. After taking a break to shed some clothes as the temp was rising up to 70 and eat some lunch the fishing ramped up for a really good afternoon. I was able to net about 7-8 more great trout. The fly that worked for me was a dropper #18 zebra midge as about 75% of my catch was on this fly.
I canít thank all of those enough that replied to my previous post asking for suggestions on my first trip to Ami, it was very helpful and helped me have a successful day. Overall, it was a great day with great weather, and was even able to meet a couple fellow NGTO members. Canít wait to get back in the water soon.

Right on! What were you dropping it under? What type of water was working for you?
The Snag Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-17, 04:05 PM   #3
Shooter25
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snag Whisperer View Post
Right on! What were you dropping it under? What type of water was working for you?
I was dropping it under either a BH olive woolly bugger, or a black or brown girdle bug. So the ones I didn't catch on the zebra midge were either the woolly bugger or the girdle but. Most all of mine came out of medium to deep runs that were fairly swift, fishing everything deep bouncing the bottom most of the time. If I wasn't bouncing the bottom I was just above the bottom.
Shooter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-17, 04:35 PM   #4
Budwick
Stocker

Shooter that first fish looks like a stud! Glad you could get back into the swing of things fairly quickly.
Old 02-21-17, 09:28 PM   #5
troutrookie
Native

Default Ami 2/20

Fished Ami Monday, spoke to shooter25 in the parking lot on the way in, had a decent day with 7 fish to hand. First time fishing 53 bridge, caught fish on mostly junk, squirmy worm, egg fly and also a couple on zebra midge. Most came from deeper slower pools, beautiful day on the creek. Thanks to Splatek16 for tips, very helpful. Caught few euro nyphming and others with indicator.
Troutrookie
troutrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-17, 09:46 PM   #6
splatek16
Native

Nice work.
The fishing is slowing up. Lots of pressure so to oil seven is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote