NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-17, 02:37 PM   #21
WPrich
Native

Sweet brownie and the jaw on that fish looks amazing, way to go man!!
WPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 03:38 PM   #22
Philhutch80
Native

Default FINALLY!!!

Jerry texted me a pic at 7:30am saying,"My buddy didn't cancel this morning." I knew as soon as the phone went off it was a big fish.Sure enough!!! Congrats!!! More I have fished with Alex and gone out on my own the more I agree that you have to put the sweat equity in. Where I hike in and fish I spend hours sometimes just sitting on the bank learning the river! This paid off well!!! Congrats!!!
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 07:56 AM   #23
pnome
Native

Nice fish and story!
pnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 10:48 PM   #24
Dtroutmann
Native

Patience definitely pays off, that's a beautiful fish takes two to land a fish like that congrats to both of you.

Trophies are relative
Dtroutmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 10:14 AM   #25
Sam_MTB
Native

Congrats man. Great story of days of work leading up to the big catch.
Sam_MTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 04:34 PM   #26
txc35
Native

Look at the mouth on that thing. What a freak!

I love freaks.
txc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 09:03 PM   #27
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member

That was Mr. Brown! Well done, and keep it up.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 09:08 PM   #28
JerryG
Native

I've been meaning to post up my brown from Sept and thought this thread would be fitting. I've really owed it to you guys to post up and I know I've read some encouraging words from Glenn and others on the board wishing me luck in finding a bruiser. I am fairly certain I finally caught the big brown I spotted 3 days in a row over Presidents Day weekend mentioned in the OP.

All in all it was a pretty rough summer for me. Countless skunkings, wet and dry lol... alot more wet than dry it seems like. Sitting under bridges waiting for storms to pass, blown out river and the like. My wife and I moved into a much older house from our townhouse in June which has also taken alot of my fishing time.

Additionally, I switched boats late summer from my Riverhawk (which I still miss), to a little larger jet/Jon setup which took a little getting used to.

Last edited by JerryG; 10-22-17 at 09:29 PM.
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-17, 09:14 PM   #29
JerryG
Native

I managed to plug this fish solo, on something a little different that I've been playing around with-a weighted streamer thrown on spinning gear. All I felt was a downward pull and heavy. I got him to the surface alot faster than I thought, probably 15 or 20 seconds, and was able to make the 1 handed scoop. It sucked a little to turn and high five my fishing buddy that didn't make it that day but also very rewarding to do it all solo. It was a very pure feeling of success to accomplish this goal unassisted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by JerryG; 10-22-17 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-22-17, 09:25 PM   #30
JerryG
Native

Since the big fish, things slowed down again, with only I think 3 or 4 fish caught since then. Yesterday I downsized from the huge streamers to a smaller presentation, just to try for a few bites. I hooked into 2, so left the same thing tied on when I went out today.

There is a spot I ALWAYS see fish pushing bait to the surface and as I watched it ahead today, fish were jumping like normal, and I was contemplating what approach I would take this time. They always break surface mid river and I always fish from the right side, so I'm thinking I'll come at it from the left... All while daydreaming and making my reteieve, then this fish drills my jerkbait. Fought way harder than the bigger one, lots of rolling. I was afraid I was gonna lose him right at the boat, once again solo, but got him in the net.

Everyone talks big gear but I really can't over emphasize the need for strong line and a big net. State record fish come from this river. Get your as$ a good landing net, and keep it on the ready because if you make enough casts you'll get lucky like me.

Last edited by JerryG; 10-22-17 at 09:43 PM.