NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Salt Water Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-17, 09:27 PM   #11
Native, formerly mwmclaughlin1908

And more video from last year...

sent from two cans and a piece of string
Old 03-27-17, 09:50 PM   #12
I_got_skunked
Native

So, I'm looking at putting together a trip of my own. Are y'all renting those kayaks or making the drive down with them? If so, where do you rent them from if you don't mind me asking? I sold my kayak when I moved to GA and I don't think the DC guys in my crew would be willing to drive.

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 09:57 PM   #13
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Default It's on Again

We take our own.

There is a local guy in KW that rents them and will deliver to the dock the morning you depart. He picks them up when the Yankee Freedom arrives back in KW.

When you call the Yankee Freedom office to book your trip....ask them for the contact info for the guy. They work with him on a regular basis.

With that said....we've been preparing for the trip. I head that way end of April.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-17, 03:04 PM   #14
Spanish_Fly
Stocker

Im going with a guide out of Key West April 15th weekend and will be driving down there. I won't be taking my kayak, but plan on stopping along the way to Key West to fish. Any one out there have any suggestions for must stop and fish spots? Thanks!
Spanish_Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 11:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Fly View Post
Im going with a guide out of Key West April 15th weekend and will be driving down there. I won't be taking my kayak, but plan on stopping along the way to Key West to fish. Any one out there have any suggestions for must stop and fish spots? Thanks!

Fishing from the shore/wading? Try Bahia Honda state park south of Marathon at the end of 7 mile Bridge. Atlantic side beaches has some structure and grass. Should be able to catch some various species of snapper if nothing else. Long Key State park may also be worth a stop too.
Old 04-03-17, 06:32 PM   #16
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Fly View Post

I'd highly suggest taking your Kayak if at all possible. Also never underestimate the power of the chum bag. Also #2...never....ever....put a snapper on a stringer while wading. Don't ask me how I know this.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 04-03-17, 08:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
I'd highly suggest taking your Kayak if at all possible. Also never underestimate the power of the chum bag. Also #2...never....ever....put a snapper on a stringer while wading. Don't ask me how I know this.
Don't ask me how I know how he knows this.....

sent from two cans and a piece of string
Old 04-04-17, 07:15 AM   #18
hlduke82
Native

Whale Harbor restaurant seafood buffet is a great place to stop on the way
(MM84 approx).
hlduke82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-17, 06:13 PM   #19
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Default It's on Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlduke82 View Post
Whale Harbor restaurant seafood buffet is a great place to stop on the way

(MM84 approx).

Buffet? Did someone mention "buffet?" I'm always down for a good buffet....especially a seafood buffet....right up there with a good Chinese buffet.

I'll defer to EG as to whether we should stop there. He's the coordinator for all things food and beverage on this adventure.

I plugged it in the Googler...and seems it's just opened back up after a fire a few years ago.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 04-04-17, 06:16 PM   #20
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Default It's on Again

Anybody else got any "must see" restaurants in the Keys? Chances are we've already sampled most of them...but open for suggestions.

Follow me on Instagram