NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Salt Water Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-17, 10:47 PM   #21
Blr_0719
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
Anybody else got any "must see" restaurants in the Keys? Chances are we've already sampled most of them...but open for suggestions.
Woodys, of course.
Blr_0719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-17, 01:50 PM   #22
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_0719 View Post
Woodys, of course.

Have you been to the Brass Monkey?

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-17, 02:47 PM   #23
Native, formerly mwmclaughlin1908

Quote:
Have you been to the Brass Monkey?
every person I have ever observed leaving that place was walking and wobbling, wobbly bike riding, or leaving in a cab......we may have to dare it this time around?
Old 04-05-17, 05:55 PM   #24
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Default It's on Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmclaughlin1908 View Post
every person I have ever observed leaving that place was walking and wobbling, wobbly bike riding, or leaving in a cab......we may have to dare it this time around?

....and don't forget the guy who urinated on himself and staggered over while I was pumping gas....begging for money....at 4:30am.

Yup....it comes highly recommended by EG.

On another note....the brown-truck-full-of-goodness, stopped by the crib today.

Cuda game gonna be strong.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 04-05-17, 08:52 PM   #25
troutbum69
Native

Don't forget your super long needle nose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-17, 09:27 PM   #26
I_got_skunked
Native

Quote:
Anybody else got any "must see" restaurants in the Keys? Chances are we've already sampled most of them...but open for suggestions.
Garden of Eden if you "must see" cocktails. In all seriousness, croissants de france is my go to hangover breakfast place.

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-17, 09:28 AM   #27
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_got_skunked View Post
Garden of Eden if you "must see" cocktails. In all seriousness, croissants de france is my go to hangover breakfast place.

Thanks Skunked....but that's sounds a bit high-class for four rednecks from Georgia.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 04-06-17, 10:23 AM   #28
GAjohn
Native

Getting cudas from the kayak will be something else. You can stand on that outback while fishing if you have decent balance. There is a foam block for weight support in between the seat and center hatch. But I'd recommend sitting down once you hook up
GAjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-17, 10:40 AM   #29
Native, formerly mwmclaughlin1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAjohn View Post
Getting cudas from the kayak will be something else. You can stand on that outback while fishing if you have decent balance. There is a foam block for weight support in between the seat and center hatch. But I'd recommend sitting down once you hook up
GaJohn, we have had a blast with the Cuda's from the yak the past couple of trips. This year will focus on getting some on the fly rods as well. Our preferred method has been to let EG double lip hook a cuda so that it takes him a while to get the fish free. The ensuing commotion allows Drifter to cast at the nosy lemon sharks hanging around trying to see what EG is up to.

EG can be heard off camera questioning our common sense......

Old 04-06-17, 11:04 AM   #30
Lanikai
Native

Default Good idea

The Garden of Eden is a delightful family friendly place . Don't go there unless you're into that sort of thing.
Breakfast at Blue Heaven, dinner at Cafe Marquesa or Azul in Key West. Mrs Mac's kitchen in Key largo for the best Hogfish in the Keys.
No Name in Big Pine Key and the Square Grouper in Sugarloaf for dinner.
People urinating on themselves in the Keys is not news worthy.
If you time it right there is a fun party in Islamorada during the Full moon. It's held at Morada Bay http://moradabay.com/full-moon-party/.
Checkout MEAT in Islamorada for lunch. It seems crazy but their burger is pretty insane http://www.meateatery.com/
Check it out.
Lanikai is offline   Reply With Quote