NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO President / BOD Announcements
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-17, 08:07 PM   #1
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Default NEW SUPPORTER--Rivers Edge Outfitters

I'm pleased to announce that NGTO has a great new supporter. RIVERS EDGE OUTFITTERS

River’s Edge Outfitters Cherokee is located in the heart of the Smoky Mountain National Park on the Cherokee Qualla Boundary. With over 3,000 miles of trout streams within an hour radius of their shop, this area boasts some of the best fly fishing on the East Coast. The Tuckaseegee River, the Nantahala River, the Oconoluftee River, the Raven’s Fork, and the Little Tennessee River are just a few of the river systems that they fly fish.

Just a few miles from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The North Carolina side of the Smokies contains several world renown fisheries. Deep Creek, Hazel Creek, Forney Creek, Eagle Creek, Raven’s Fork, and Straight Fork are just a few of the wild trout fisheries that lie on the eastern slope of the Smoky Mountain National Park.

Looking for trophy trout on the fly? The Raven’s Fork catch and release fly fishing only section is one of the best public trophy water fisheries in the southeast. With most trout averaging 18+ inches this fishery offers the fly fisherman the opportunity to catch trophy trout on one of the most scenic river systems in Western North Carolina. They are a short drive from the Tuckaseegee River Delayed Harvest, Nantahala Delayed Harvest/ Tailwater, and Fires Creek Delayed Harvest.

Here is their contact information for the next time you're in the area.

Rivers Edge Outfitters
61 Big Cove Road, Cherokee, NC 28719
828-497-9300
www.wncfishing.com

Business Hours:
8 am – 5 pm Sunday-Thursday,
7 am – 6 pm Friday – Saturday

Welcome aboard Rivers Edge and when your in the area make sure to stop in and say hello from the NGTO community!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Last edited by baldea; 03-12-17 at 08:39 PM.
baldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 10:07 PM   #2
Dtroutmann
Native

Great guys @ rivers edge they've always steered me right when I've been @ cherokee, I believe they're also partners with rivers edge on the soquee private waters.

Trophies are relative
Dtroutmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 12:32 PM   #3
2fly
Ex-BOD, Hall Of Fame Member, Ex-Angler

I've known Joey for a few years now and you won't find many better people. Great to see them here.
2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 01:17 PM   #4
retiredmp
Good Idea Fairy Hunter

I had a great trip with them on Saturday. We fished Ravens Fork, my guide was Brandon Ashe, and we caught several nice fish. Joey even came out with his wife to cheer T and I on.

My dumb self slammed my wading stick in the door getting ready to leave GA and broke it.
I replaced it on Saturday morning while getting our permits and meeting the guide. I now have the wading staff, I've been wanting.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 09:29 AM   #5
Raven15
Native

Thanks NGTO! I'm excited to be part of the NGTO crew again.
Reading this forum is how I got into trout fishing years ago.

Thanks guys (and gals)! Looking forward to working with everyone.
828-497-9300
https://www.wncfishing.com/
Raven15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 10:51 AM   #6
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Rivers Edge

Welcome Rivers Edge! This is a great fly shop with anything you need for a great day in the Park or other waters. I don't go that way to the Park often, but when I do I always stop in. If I recall correctly, you folks also carry all the Reservation licenses? Thanks for all you do!
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 01:04 PM   #7
retiredmp
Good Idea Fairy Hunter

Joey,

I will be seeing you in the morning around 0800. I'm meeting Michael Bradley for a day of fly fishing fun. I am so excited to finally fish with and learn from him.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 03:49 PM   #8
Raven15
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNKIES View Post
Welcome Rivers Edge! This is a great fly shop with anything you need for a great day in the Park or other waters. I don't go that way to the Park often, but when I do I always stop in. If I recall correctly, you folks also carry all the Reservation licenses? Thanks for all you do!
Thank you! Yes we have all of the necessary permits for fishing on the reservation. Along with a few magic flies that work here
828-497-9300
Old 03-22-17, 03:50 PM   #9
Raven15
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredmp View Post
Joey,

I will be seeing you in the morning around 0800. I'm meeting Michael Bradley for a day of fly fishing fun. I am so excited to finally fish with and learn from him.
Awesome! See you in the morning!
828-497-9300