NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > Fern Valley
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-17, 11:23 PM   #1
Dave375
Native

Default Got my butt kicked.......again

My wife woke up sick the morning of the first clinic at Fern with Big T and Gordon and had to miss it. To make up for it I told her I would book us a half day with Big T. This afternoon was the day. I was worried about her on the drive up as cold as it was today. We got in at one of the lower pools and I went down stream a little bit to do some euro nymphing while she and Big T drifted some some nymphs through some slower water. I think she had her first fish before I even made a cast and for about 2 hours she never slowed down. I caught a couple and then moved a little upstream from them and got several more before she decided to take a break from the cold. I worked as hard as I could and finished with a really good day but the damage was done and I couldn't catch up. We caught browns, rainbows, and brookies but the palominos eluded us. Hers all came on a 2 fly rig under an indicator and mine came off euro and dry droppers. Highlight for me other than watching her have such a great time catching fish was a double I had with the dry dropper that made it through 2 jumps with both fish out of the water before they finally went in opposite directions and broke off. Thanks to Big T, Glad and Marty for another great day at Fern Valley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 10:49 AM   #2
Swimmer
Native

It's not about the numbers my friend. It's about the experience and building memories so that when the day comes you can no longer get on the stream, you'll have a bank full of those memories to warm your heart. You're a lucky man to have a partner that can share in your love of fishing.
Old 03-16-17, 04:31 PM   #3
Dave375
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
It's not about the numbers my friend. It's about the experience and building memories....
Swimmer I whole heartedly agree with you on this. I truly hope every time my wife or one of my daughters fish with me that they catch most, or at least enjoy themselves enough to want to continue to return.
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 07:06 PM   #4
retiredmp
BOD Member, Hall of Fame Member

Dave

My Dad had me hooked on fishing by the time I was 3. I was carried on his back and fished over his shoulders chasing brook trout. Memories I will never forget.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote