NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-17, 11:31 PM   #1
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Default Chattooga DH

I was able to fish the Chattooga DH with Hillis today. It was an absolutely beautiful day and we had a great time. The river was loaded with Fly fisherman in almost every hole but we still got into some. Hillis caught a pig brookie and I caught two of the better browns that I have caught on the tooga.

Thanks for the company Hillis.

Here is a video from today

Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 09:16 AM   #2
HILLIS LANIER
Native

Kevin, absolutely great day on the Chatooga yesterday! I enjoyed fishing with you. Great video. Congrats on the fish you caught, including a couple of beautiful large Browns. The Chatooga was absolutely beautiful. The water was crystal clear, and the weather was perfect. Prowler's candy corn fly, black micro wooly bugger, black leach, and soft hackle worked for us.
Old 03-20-17, 10:55 AM   #3
buckman1
Native

Awesome post!
buckman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 06:35 PM   #4
Philhutch80
Native

Default Great Perspective!

Chatooga is lookin a lil low but the fish don't seem to mind. Looks like it was a really good day on the water. What were the air/ water temps, or what did it feel like to you?
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 07:13 PM   #5
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Chatooga is lookin a lil low but the fish don't seem to mind. Looks like it was a really good day on the water. What were the air/ water temps, or what did it feel like to you?
The temp was a little over 60 I think. Not sure what the temp of the water was but it was COLD. Hillis can probably answer that better than me since he went for a late morning swim.

Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 08:01 PM   #6
HILLIS LANIER
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The temp was a little over 60 I think. Not sure what the temp of the water was but it was COLD. Hillis can probably answer that better than me since he went for a late morning swim.
I almost went for a swim. I stepped off a rock into deeper water, but fortunately the water did not go above the top of my waders. However, I had to reach arms length into the water a couple of times to retrieve my fly from the bottom and yes the water was cold.
Old 03-20-17, 08:34 PM   #7
Kelly Hinson
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLIS LANIER View Post
I almost went for a swim. I stepped off a rock into deeper water, but fortunately the water did not go above the top of my waders. However, I had to reach arms length into the water a couple of times to retrieve my fly from the bottom and yes the water was cold.
Glad you only went wading for a bit; not like the AMI eh?

Kelly
Kelly Hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 08:34 PM   #8
Blr_0719
Native

I'm heading up there for the first time to camp and fish Friday and Saturday. That video isn't helping my impatience to hurry up and get there.
Blr_0719 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 12:13 PM   #9
The Snag Whisperer
Native

Prowler - what in the world is going on with your reel?! I have never seen anything like that - what is it?
The Snag Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 03:59 PM   #10
Trouter23
Native

Sweet report guys. I'll be up there soon and your report is making me look forward to it all the more. Thanks and good looking fish!