NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-17, 09:05 PM   #1
Da Da's Fishing
Administrator, Internet Technologies Officer, Hall of Fame

Default Back on The River...

After a long Winter of chasing line sides, it was time to get back to the home waters. With temps in the high 70s today, my little boat wouldn't stand a chance against all of the traffic on Lanier.

I'm really glad that I made it out. The water was beautiful and the fish were feisty! I put in at McGinnis and motored up to the shoals. First fish came before I got down to the ramp, followed by the second and third. I floated down through the first two sets of fast water catching a few fish in each until I landed this beauty. The second that she hit my line I knew she wasn't a standard snit. She put on a show with about a half dozen aerials before I got her to the net. Either a hold over or the DNR snuck in a few nice ones for us. Either way it was a nice surprise.

With the sun setting and my quota for the day filled, I motored back up and headed for the house. It is a great time to get on the water for a little R&R.

DD F

Old 04-02-17, 09:15 PM   #2
Da Riffler
Native

Very nice Fish..
Old 04-02-17, 09:26 PM   #3
Swamp Angel
Board of Directors, Hall of Fame, NGTO IT Support Team, Facebook Page Admin

Alright. That does it. I'm cleanin' the carb's on the 'Hoochee Queen and we're gittin' out there on the water soon! Gotta remember to call THE EG to join us. Maybe we can git our firstest NGTO Navy gatherin' of the year put together for the 'Hooch.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 09:33 PM   #4
jimbo
Native

keep me posted on the navy exercise
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 09:39 PM   #5
2fly
NGTO Board of Directors, Hall Of Fame Member

Nice Fish and glad you got out to enjoy the day. I didn't see any mention of doing a swan dive so I guess I get the award for that this weekend.
2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 09:55 PM   #6
Swamp Angel
Board of Directors, Hall of Fame, NGTO IT Support Team, Facebook Page Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
keep me posted on the navy exercise
Will do. Would be great to get out on the water with you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fly View Post
I didn't see any mention of doing a swan dive so I guess I get the award for that this weekend.
You just like to go swimming like a polar bear and show off.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 10:12 PM   #7
2fly
NGTO Board of Directors, Hall Of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
Will do. Would be great to get out on the water with you again!

You just like to go swimming like a polar bear and show off.
Oh, it was a thing of beauty. Took a good 4 or 5 big running steps before doing the head first plunge.
2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 10:21 PM   #8
Philhutch80
Native

Default Sweet Bow Da Da!

Man glad to see so many people had productive days on the river yesterday! Did you get a length on her Da Da? Awesome meeting you and it's great to see the productivity lighting the fire to get the rigs on the river. That leads to awesome fish like this in the boat!
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 07:42 AM   #9
Da Da's Fishing
Administrator, Internet Technologies Officer, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Man glad to see so many people had productive days on the river yesterday! Did you get a length on her Da Da? Awesome meeting you and it's great to see the productivity lighting the fire to get the rigs on the river. That leads to awesome fish like this in the boat!
I didn't get a length on her. I don't keep a tape on my boat. I probably should install one at some point. A nice fish for sure. And I know where she lives so I can try to catch her again!

DD F
Old 04-03-17, 07:22 PM   #10
Dave375
Native

Nice one!
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote