NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-17, 07:54 PM   #1
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Post AmazonSmiles

I'm putting this in the "General" forum and not the "BOD" forum because this is new to the board. Anybody have any experience with this?

Amazon contacted NGTO as one or more Amazon customers have already selected to support NGTO when they shop at AmazonSmile. Evidently, with this program Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to NGTO. It is not much but I have set up eligibility for this and want to make sure folks are aware.

Always being concerned about what members think, I'd like to ask if folks have a problem with this? Particularly because of local shops, sponsors and supporters...as we like to promote all of those as they support NGTO.

What we would like to do is simply mkae folks aware of it. If you tended to use Amazon previously, use the AmazonSmile where available designating NGTO. If you prefer not to give Jeff Bezos another billion dollars by using Amazon, continue to do so. I see NGTO as being passive about this. If NGTO makes a couple hundred dollars from it...great. If not, we're not going to get worked up about it.

The BOD will take it up for consideration if there is a problem.

Thanks,
Bill "THE EG" Egeland
NGTO Treasurer
Old 04-03-17, 08:52 PM   #2
flyway
Native

I have had NGTO as my designated "smile" recipient for a while now and it shows that I have donated 3.09 so far. Not much but it all adds up and I figure that I am gonna shop there anyway so why not let NGTO get a little benefit along the way.
flyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 09:19 PM   #3
Swamp Angel
President

Much thanks, flyway! We'll let this sit here for about 24 hours or so and if there are no objections we'll post this to our Facebook page and make it official. Looks like you're a step ahead of the curve, and we graciously thank you for supporting us in such a manner.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-17, 08:33 AM   #4
narcodog
Native

I would encourage folks to sign up. I use my Smile for the Catskill Fly Fishing Center. It's painless sign up and when up log into Amazon you will be asked if you want to use your Smile account, click and your in.
narcodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-17, 10:45 AM   #5
Blueridgeflies
Native

I would definitely say set it up. Since having more money coming in then budgeted is never a bad thing. As well the extra can be given at the end of the year to other groups (TU, smith gall, etc) to bless like we have been blessed.
Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won't feel so thankful then. - Garrison Keillor

Team Georgia, Competitive Fly Fishing
http://flyfishingteamgeorgia.webs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Teamgeorgiacff/
Blueridgeflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-17, 03:54 PM   #6
flyway
Native

I'm up to $4.96 now in donations.
Old 07-10-17, 05:19 PM   #7
troutbum69
Native

I've had mine set up for project healing waters for a few years. It's not much but it's free money for them and doesn't cost you any extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-17, 08:26 PM   #8
Brotherbear
Native

Splendid idea
Old 10-06-17, 09:23 PM   #9
flyway
Native

Up to $7.38 now for my donations to NGTO so looks like I'll probably be donating around $10 a year with this program. Ya'll need to encourage more members to be doing this.
Old 11-04-17, 09:59 PM   #10
troutbum69
Native

Figured I'd bump this back up since Christmas is rapidly approaching. Pick a charity and just make sure you're at smile.amazon.com when you checkout and they get a percentage of your purchase price. Costs you nothing, gives organizations who need funding funding. Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote