NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Firearms & Shooting
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-17, 04:53 PM   #11
flyway
Native

I have the Kimber Ultra Carry II and it is not a large pistol. I almost forget it is on my belt and have never felt that it is difficult to carry. And it is a good looking gun unlike the more popular blocks.

If I'm gonna spend that kind of money on a gun it is gonna look good and be functional!!
flyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 08:03 PM   #12
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

I have a Springfield Armory XDs .45 with a 3.3in barrel. I have other handguns in differing calibers but I prefer to carry the XDs. Why? Because I can handle it better and hit more consistently with it. My 9, Taurus PT 111 G2 in desert tan is a great shooting pistol, and is easy to carry, but even with less recoil, I'm not as proficient. That's why I carry a .45 over a 9mm.
And I do carry every day, even when behind the pulpit. I openly carry on Sundays, I have approval from my deacons. The reason I carry is that while I'm preaching, I have the only pair of eyes on the front doors of the church. If anything happens, I'm the first line of defense....physically or spiritually.

A couple of years ago, we had an incident at church one Sunday evening. A domestic dispute over child custody spilled over from the residence (a half mile away) and the ex-wife came in the church to escape her ex. We were lucky in that he did have a weapon in his truck, but never got it out. This was my wake up call. I have a responsibility to my congregation, and I fully intend on fulfilling that responsibility.

Sorry for the hijack.....back to your original thread

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Last edited by fishnpreacher; 07-29-17 at 08:18 PM.
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 09:56 PM   #13
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Show your friends your Colt and your enemies your Glock. That said, I carry a Shield these days mostly and have carried an Officers Model Colt in years past. Depends on what you're best with as Bill says above.
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 11:36 PM   #14
vancheesey
Native

Gotta respect a man of god who is armed inside and out!
Old 07-30-17, 06:59 AM   #15
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancheesey View Post
Gotta respect a man of god who is armed inside and out!
Thanks

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-17, 08:28 AM   #16
vancheesey
Native

Let's take this "discussion" to another level...Remington or Mossberg?
Old 07-30-17, 11:35 AM   #17
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Let's take this "discussion" to another level...Remington or Mossberg?

Haha I'd been watching this thread. When my uncle was an FBI agent they were issued mossberg pumps. Every agent in his office would sell them and buy an 870 with the difference coming out of pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-17, 11:57 AM   #18
vancheesey
Native

That's a great one! I'm a Remington 870 man through and through!
Old 07-30-17, 08:02 PM   #19
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Haha, got both.
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-17, 09:03 PM   #20
FlickNdip
Native

Those are fighting words there van cheeses. I've run many move and shoot scenarios with moving targets and passed each one. With that being said each person is different. Some like the extra rounds that will come with a double stack magazine. I can also see the weight being an issue for for some. I'm actually going to end up getting an aluminum framed 3-4 inch 1911 in 9mm eventually due to the weight savings and my back being jacked up right now.

Buck. Stag grips are great. The only issue currently is they come from a animal in a country where they have banned the killing of/exportation of the horns. ( I want to say traditionally the black stags are what have been used). I'd have an easier time getting you ivory grips (and could tomorrow if you wanted them). There are some folks out there that found a way to stabilize the elk horns and have started making those. I've got some feelers out looking for the real ones though.

Quote:
Just felt like starting a little argument this morning? Are you looking at this just for owning and shooting or will this be an everyday carry? I think 911s are great guns to own and shoot for fun but totally unrealistic for EDC as a personal defense weapon. Certainly looks very cool though.

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Last edited by FlickNdip; 07-30-17 at 09:11 PM.
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote