NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > Casting
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-18, 05:44 PM   #1
flythesalt
Stocker

Default No Casting Topics?!?

Thereís not one thread on the topic of casting!? Iím going to check around here regularly if anyone wants to ask questions. Also, if anyone is interested in the Fly Fishers International Casting Instructor program shoot me a private msaage. Iím available to meet up and show you what is expected in the performance portion of the exam and discuss the teaching portion as well. The FFI is the same as the former International Federation of Fly Fishers. Many remember the FFF Casting Instructor program.

Greg Stuart
Fly Fishers International Certified Casting Instructor
flythesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 03:03 PM   #2
Lumis
Native

I believe threads are auto hidden after a certain amount of time.
Old 04-09-18, 08:56 PM   #3
Isaac H
Native

Default No Casting Topics?!?

And if anyone needs a guinea pig to hone your teaching skills on, Iíll volunteer.

(Anything for free lessons! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Isaac H; 04-09-18 at 09:19 PM.
Isaac H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 09:59 PM   #4
Swamp Angel
President

After fishing with GoutUnlimited the past couple days, I have been told that I have an unorthodox hauling cast. I was self-taught and have undoubtedly done something horrible to myself in the process. I could definitely stand a lesson or two!

And, by the way, welcome to NGTO!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 10:31 PM   #5
Crawfish
Native

An unorthodox hauling cast doesnít sound bad to me, I was described as looking like an old lady basting a turkey.
Old 04-10-18, 04:14 PM   #6
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by flythesalt View Post
There’s not one thread on the topic of casting!?
What Lumis said. Although there are 18 pages of casting threads going back to 2001 when the forum was established, it's true that not much has been going on lately here. Welcome to the board.

Quote:
I’m available to meet up and show you what is expected in the performance portion of the exam and discuss the teaching portion as well. The FFI is the same as the former International Federation of Fly Fishers. Many remember the FFF Casting Instructor program.

Greg Stuart
Fly Fishers International Certified Casting Instructor
The NGTO Spring Fling will be this Saturday at the Buford Trout hatchery. Ed Chamberlain, whom I identified as an IFFF master casting instructor so I didn't even know the organization had changed names, will be there to demonstrate casting styles and lend a hand to folks as needed. We'd like to invite you to come out if you like to also lend a hand to folks if you are interested.

See the "NGTO Flings" forum above if interested.
Old 04-11-18, 09:57 PM   #7
GoutUnlimited
NGTO Twitter Chuchunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
After fishing with GoutUnlimited the past couple days, I have been told that I have an unorthodox hauling cast. I was self-taught and have undoubtedly done something horrible to myself in the process. I could definitely stand a lesson or two!

I'm actually going to be stealing that hauling style. Who needs to be putzing around false casting to get out that much line.
Old 04-19-18, 03:51 PM   #8
flythesalt
Stocker

Isaac! Sure! I'll take a look at your casting some time if you can make it out to Paces Mill. I'm not teaching free continuously, but I'll definitely try to help one day if you're interested!
Old 04-19-18, 03:53 PM   #9
flythesalt
Stocker

Default Casting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post

haha! Just let me know when and I'll try to help you out!
Old 04-20-18, 08:21 AM   #10
Isaac H
Native

Quote:
Isaac! Sure! I'll take a look at your casting some time if you can make it out to Paces Mill. I'm not teaching free continuously, but I'll definitely try to help one day if you're interested!

Definitely! I have a lesson coming up at Unicoi OutfittersÖ Letís see what they can do with me, and then maybe there will be less for you to fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isaac H is offline   Reply With Quote