NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-17, 11:04 AM   #1
Swimmer
Native

Default TRAIL FEST IN DAHLONEGA

The Gold Rush Chapter of Trout Unlimited will have a booth during Trail Fest this weekend (September 9th & 10th) in Dahlonega. Joining us in our booth will be the renowned author Duncan Dobie, who will be signing copies of his latest book "Arthur Woody and the Legend of the Barefoot Ranger".

Ranger Woody was one of the first rangers in the state of Georgia, and at his own expense brought back trout and whitetail deer to the state in 1918 after clear cut logging had eliminated trout, deer, and other wildlife. He lived in Suches and had an extremely interesting life.

In addition, Gold Rush TU will be offering *free* first year memberships to Trout Unlimited and our local chapter for those interested (a $35 value). Stop by our booth and chat with us.

Neal Houtz (Swimmer)
Trout Unlimited - Gold Rush Chapter
Old 09-06-17, 02:22 PM   #2
Riverpirate
Native

I am hoping to get up there and swing by Unicoi Outfitters.
Old 09-12-17, 11:35 AM   #3
Swimmer
Native

I would like to thank all of you that were able to stop by our booth during Trail Fest. It was great putting faces together with names.

The Gold Rush Chapter of Trout Unlimited was able to sign up (99) new members including (10) veterans during this event. In addition to sponsoring the 5 Rivers Fly Fishing Club at UNG, we now have a roster of younger (and stronger!) members that will be a big help during our stream restoration work days.

Fly Fishing 101 classes will start soon to assist our newer members with the science and art of our sport. I will be asking some of you to assist with guidance and expertise.

Best Regards,

Neal Houtz, President
Trout Unlimited - Gold Rush Chapter (Dahlonega)
Old 09-12-17, 03:49 PM   #4
Big T
BOD Member, Hall of Fame

Neat keep up the good work you guys are doing great things.
Old 09-12-17, 10:28 PM   #5
FlickNdip
Native

Great book!

Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia on Facebook. Checkout and like my page. I am constantly updating it with new content.

Tightlinesjoe on Instagram, Follow me!
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote