NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-17, 06:36 AM   #1
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

Default How 'bout them...

...Spiders...my guys beat Colgate 20-17 yesterday...

Dawgs did well...Auburn, not so...

...how'd your team do...?

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 12:48 PM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

Congrat's to Richmond! (My fraternity was founded there in 1901, thus I must support the Spiders in all their endeavors.) Y'all played pretty well yesterday.

My own LSU Bayou Bengals took UT Chattanooga to the wood shed even with all the crazy penalties we committed. Up next for us is Miss'ippi State who beat the tarnelly out of Louisiana Tech last night. I respect and like State on behalf of Miss'ippi State alumni like my younger brother, and UncleJesse here on NGTO. My niece is a freshman there and plays in their marching band (trombone as a matter of fact, so now bonedog has been drawn in to this thread).

This season has been fun so far, but I'm a-hopin' that those Miss'ippi Stae Bulldogs don't get enny serious idears 'bout beating two Louisiana teams in consecutive weeks.

And, insofar as it geauxs regardin' the local favorite (Georgia Bulldawgs), congrat's on a great win! It was wonderful for this ol' coon-*** to see UGA fans take over South Bend, Indiana and travel like we tend to do at LSU. Y'all made me proud! (Hope to meet y'all in Atlanta this December.)
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 02:52 PM   #3
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...crazy Cath: Attachment 17248 graduated from Mississippi State, after having attended Millsaps and Ole Miss (...chasin' boys...)

...she cares nothing for college sports...she is more interested in literature...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Last edited by Counslrman; 01-18-18 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-10-17, 07:38 PM   #4
UncleJesse
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counslrman View Post
...crazy Cath: Attachment 17248 graduated from Mississippi State, after having attended Millsaps and Ole Miss (...chasin' boys...)

...she cares nothing for college sports...she is more interested in literature...

Blessings! Jimmy
She must have been the one who colored in the books at Ole Miss' library.

State & La Tech may have been the craziest game of all time; 3 blocked kicks in the first quarter; blocked punt returned for TD, same D Lineman also returned blocked field goal for a TD, in the 4th La Tech blocked extra point run back for 2 pts. La Tech punted on 4th and goal (after losing 90 yards on a fumble on 2nd down).

As this was a SEC / Sunbelt game, been trying to find out where the officials were from, they were not impressive.

My next door neighbor is a UGA grad had a killer weekend; Cubs game, golf, tours of the city, Notre Dame game and Bear / Falcons today. Now his flight is cancelled coming back. He's with 3 buds so they will make it back. School is cancelled tomorrow, he's an asst. principal.
Old 09-16-17, 07:51 AM   #5
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...Richmond Spiders play Howard Bison @ 2:00...

...Tenn & Fla ought to be interesting, as well as S Caro & Kentucky...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Old 09-17-17, 06:42 AM   #6
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...my Spiders beat the Howard Bison 68-21...go team...!

...how did ya'll do...??

Blessings!

Jimmy
Old 09-17-17, 07:11 AM   #7
splatek16

Not college, but Spencer's 6U team Collins Hill Eagles beat mill creek 34-19. He pays linebacker on D, made some great tackles, ran in two extra points at full back.
Can you tell I'm proud.... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 08:51 AM   #8
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Cool Colorado State

No, we did not win in bamaville. Did not expect to when viewed realistically but the Rams put up some pretty good numbers on the elephants, but NOT on the scoreboard. Comparing:

- CSU put up almost 400 yards of offense against a highly ranked defense
- CSU had 22 1st downs to bama's 23
- CSU had the ball 34 minutes to bama's 26

All in all a pretty good day plus the $1.5 Million they take home with them. I sent Bobo a note and suggested they get a carry out order from Dreamland for the flight home.

Tuscaloosa was hospitable enough that the Rams would like to invite bama to come play a game in the Rams brand new stadium, say, late November for the full CSU experience of mile high air and maybe even snow! 8- )
JOHNKIES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 10:45 AM   #9
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...Marc...wha'happen w LSU...??

...Cath was for MS...I was for LSU...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Old 09-17-17, 08:03 PM   #10
Swamp Angel
President

LSU went in and played like a bunch of sand lot thugs. Penalties, penalties, penalties. The offensive PI that got the first TD called back was bogus and LSU should have had that score, but two (not one, but TWO) targeting calls and ejections is completely unacceptable.

My hat is off to State. They executed very well. If LSU's gameplan was to go in an have their patoot handed to them then LSU executed their gameplan perfectly as well.

I will be pulling for a Mississippi State National Championship this year.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote