NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-17, 09:46 PM   #11
UncleJesse
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
LSU went in and played like a bunch of sand lot thugs. Penalties, penalties, penalties. The offensive PI that got the first TD called back was bogus and LSU should have had that score, but two (not one, but TWO) targeting calls and ejections is completely unacceptable.

My hat is off to State. They executed very well. If LSU's gameplan was to go in an have their patoot handed to them then LSU executed their gameplan perfectly as well.

I will be pulling for a Mississippi State National Championship this year.
In all honesty, although my alma mater benefited I think one of the targeting penalties may have just be a failure by the player to compensate properly for the speed of the ball carrier. There is a short distance between the shoulder pad and the helmet. I don't want to see anyone injured but I don't want for football to become flag football either.

My brother had some friends over at his home in Baton Rouge, apparently the jury at his home delivered the verdict that Orgeron should move out of the honeymoon suite.
Old 09-18-17, 04:58 AM   #12
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Coach Orgeron was asked by a reporter about his team's execution, and replied, "I'm in favor of it. Most of them need it."

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 08:09 AM   #13
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnpreacher View Post
Coach Orgeron was asked by a reporter about his team's execution, and replied, "I'm in favor of it. Most of them need it."

That's an old John McKay quote from when he was coaching the Bucs.
https://www.espn.com/classic/obit/s/...7/1200798.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Trout8myfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 11:30 AM   #14
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Baylor players must be looking for women......
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 06:04 AM   #15
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...this week, Richmond plays Elon...Bama and Vandy...UGA and Miss St...Auburn and Mizzou...

...maybe a surprise or two...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 07:48 AM   #16
buckman1
Native

I'm afraid we are going to have our hands full with MSU. They are one helluva team this year...
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 09:47 AM   #17
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counslrman View Post
...this week, Richmond plays Elon...Bama and Vandy...UGA and Miss St...Auburn and Mizzou...

...maybe a surprise or two...

Blessings!

Jimmy
...forgot about Fla and Ky...maybe the best tv game...not concerned with West coast stuff...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 05:55 PM   #18
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counslrman View Post
...forgot about Fla and Ky...maybe the best tv game...not concerned with West coast stuff...

Blessings!

Jimmy
If you're not interested in the West Coast stuff you're missing out! The Texas vs USC game was one of the best games of that week (especially with the history) as well as the Rose Bowl last season. It's looking like Sam Darnold and Clay Helton are bringing USC back to the glory days of the 2000's and I'm glad to be here for it. Looks like USC is going to blow out Cal by how things are going rn and Cal has beaten UNC and Ole Miss so far. I will be watching the UGA game tonight as that should be a toss up, but no favorites here. Love how this season is progressing with exciting games overall.

Last edited by Sighter; 09-23-17 at 06:07 PM.
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 10:14 PM   #19
GoutUnlimited
NGTO Twitter Chuchunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRainbow View Post
If you're not interested in the West Coast stuff you're missing out! The Texas vs USC game was one of the best games of that week (especially with the history) as well as the Rose Bowl last season. It's looking like Sam Darnold and Clay Helton are bringing USC back to the glory days of the 2000's and I'm glad to be here for it. Looks like USC is going to blow out Cal by how things are going rn and Cal has beaten UNC and Ole Miss so far. I will be watching the UGA game tonight as that should be a toss up, but no favorites here. Love how this season is progressing with exciting games overall.

Week 3 did not see a lot of action. That being said I will be watching your boys fall to the cougars. Penn St. Iowa was game of the week for me.
Old 09-23-17, 10:27 PM   #20
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
Week 3 did not see a lot of action. That being said I will be watching your boys fall to the cougars. Penn St. Iowa was game of the week for me.

Other than the miraculous Hail Mary from UF vs the Vols and USC's OT win I agree. It is a conference game and they are 4-0 but I can hardly say those wins concern me when three of those teams were Montana state, Nevada, and Oregon State. We shall see though, you know I'll be watching it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote