NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-17, 06:01 AM   #21
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...Spiders lost to mighty Elon 36-33...must have been a nail-biter...wish I had been there...I am certain some Spiders I know had a good time anyway...

...Dawgs had absolutely no problem with Miss St...Fla squeaked by Ky...all else went as I expected, pretty much...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 07:22 AM   #22
Swamp Angel
President

Sorry the Spiders lost, Jimmy. That was a tough one.

'Twas hard fer me to see Miss'ippi State lose to Georgia also too. Not that I have ennything ag'inst Georgia, it's only jes' that State abused mah Tigers so bad last week that I wanted to b'lieve that there was somethin' good goin' on in Starkvegas an' that LSU wasn't so bad as to git walloped by a mid-level team.

After watchin' mah beloved Bayou Bengals try ev'rything they could to give Syracuse the game last night, I was pleased to see that the Orangemen were more determined than my swamp cats to lose that game.

Congrat's to all the winners yesterday. (Except fer Alabamastan. That was plain abusive what y'all did to poor, little, ol' Vanderbilt.)

Hope ev'rybody is in a good mood today an' goes an' catches some trouts after church this mornin'! ('Ceptin' fer Buck Henry, since he'll be a-sittin' on the couch an' a-watchin' them grown-up men play that there perfeshunal football today.)
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 07:35 AM   #23
Trouty Mouth
Native

[quote=Swamp Angel;884900]

Congrat's to all the winners yesterday. (Except fer Alabamastan. That was plain abusive what y'all did to poor, little, ol' Vanderbilt.)

Just another illustration that if you are a "poor, little, ol' " the time comes when you will have to back up your talk... Actually, I think that Bama showed some respectable restraint, especially in the last series...
Trouty Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 08:56 AM   #24
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
S
After watchin' mah beloved Bayou Bengals try ev'rything they could to give Syracuse the game last night, I was pleased to see that the Orangemen were more determined than my swamp cats to lose that game.
Yeah, that was the definition of a "struggle win" there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
S
('Ceptin' fer Buck Henry, since he'll be a-sittin' on the couch an' a-watchin' them grown-up men play that there perfeshunal football today.)
Well, maybe. I have about had it up to my ears with this whole protesting thing going on with the NFL. And now the POTUS has stirred the pot big time so I expect half those sum"bitches to be on their knees during the anthem today. I guess the POTUS is playing to his base as he always does and the NFL is attempting to do the same. Will be interesting to see how this plays out (hint, bet on the side that has all the money, the NFL fan base).

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 09:01 AM   #25
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty Mouth View Post

Just another illustration that if you are a "poor, little, ol' " the time comes when you will have to back up your talk... Actually, I think that Bama showed some respectable restraint, especially in the last series...
Yes, Bama did show some restraint. It was still brutal though. The sad part is that Vandy somehow got the idear that they could ackshully hang with Alabamastan through a series or two. I dread that weekend in November when mah Bayou Housecats have to travel to Tusky-loosy. I fear that it ain't gonna be very purty fer those of us wearin' purple an' gold.

On the flip side, State whupped us last week, an' then Georgia thumped State real good yesterday. Your big, ol' pachyderms smacked Vandy raht proper, and now (considerin' how Georgia plays ag'inst Vandy) the Commode-odors may very well beat UGA. Sech a thread of wins an' losses really drops mah Tigers waaaaaaaaay on down the list of contenders.

On the good side of things, LSU (with the possible exception of Penn State) has the bestest petroleum injuneerin' skule in the country, so I'm gonna start toutin' ackademicks over footbawl purty soon.

Now- fer ev'rybody else who is a Georgia fan here (bein' that this is a site based in nawth Georgia) congrat's on a really big win yesterday. I hope y'all are playin' in 'Lanta on that firstest weekend in December fer the SEC Championship. You're gonna have to step it up real big to beat those pachyderms from Tusky-loosy though.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 11:46 AM   #26
buckman1
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
Well, maybe. I have about had it up to my ears with this whole protesting thing going on with the NFL. And now the POTUS has stirred the pot big time so I expect half those sum"bitches to be on their knees during the anthem today. I guess the POTUS is playing to his base as he always does and the NFL is attempting to do the same. Will be interesting to see how this plays out (hint, bet on the side that has all the money, the NFL fan base).
Amen.

Isn't it amazing how much credibility on social issues folks give to Hollywood and to athletes? Actors are folks who make a living pretending to be someone else. Athletes are folks who make a living playing ball. Why would I, or anyone, care where they stand on a social issue?

However, as a business owner, if one of my employees was kneeling on old glory while on the clock representing my company and brand, there'd be a closed door meeting shortly thereafter and an Action To Cure, or a termination to follow.
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-17, 03:40 PM   #27
skibum
Hall of Fame Member

Screwing around at work, thought I'd see how much tickets cost for the UGA vs. MO. I found these... Anyone want to pitch in for the other 3 tickets?

Order Details

Return to Event
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Missouri Tigers

October 14, 2017, Time TBD

Sanford Stadium
Athens Georgia 30602
Section 105, Row 36/37
Piggyback Seats
Seats guaranteed together
$6599.00 per ticket (4 tickets)
Remove Item Processing & Delivery:
None

Your Price:
$26396.00
*All amounts are in USD
Old 09-27-17, 05:16 AM   #28
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...yeah...just imagine some hawker standing outside the stadium mumbling..."got 4"...

Vandy-Fla, NC-Ga Tech, UGA-Tenn, Ms St-Auburn, SC-Tx A&M, and Ole Miss-Bama...a busy day for me...I'll probably get carpal tunnel flareup from switching channels...

...Richmond vs Albany won't be on tv...

..." Cath, get the pork rinds and sardines ready"...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 08:10 AM   #29
buckman1
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counslrman View Post
...yeah...just imagine some hawker standing outside the stadium mumbling..."got 4"...

Vandy-Fla, NC-Ga Tech, UGA-Tenn, Ms St-Auburn, SC-Tx A&M, and Ole Miss-Bama...a busy day for me...I'll probably get carpal tunnel flareup from switching channels...

...Richmond vs Albany won't be on tv...

..." Cath, get the pork rinds and sardines ready"...

Blessings!

Jimmy
This weeks winners:
Fla
Auburn
UGA
NC
Tx
Al

What say you?
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 01:13 PM   #30
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman1 View Post
This weeks winners:
Fla
Auburn
UGA
NC
Tx
Al

What say you?
Fla vs Vandy= Toss up unless Fla's O shows up
GT vs UNC= GT, UNC has 19 of 85 scholarship players listed as injured & out plus GT is under the radar like in '14. GT
Miss St. vs Auburn= Toss up; each has a great QB and good D, should be a fun game to watch
UGA vs Tenn= Has Butch's luck run out? Hope not! UT
SC vs Tx A&M= I like SC's QB and D better, both are below avg. SEC teams though(translation Bama then the other 13 weak overrated teams). SC
Ole Miss vs Bama= Bama owns
Buckman, you keep forgetting how weak the SEC now... Clemson vs VT is a big game too.
Philhutch80 is online now   Reply With Quote