NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-17, 01:33 PM   #1
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member
 
Trout8myfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Posts: 6,775
Default Dukes Creek is booking reservations for November

The headline says it all.

And...October is booked out.

(706) 878-3087

ETA: From the May 15 Dukes Creek Closing thread:

Quote:
Will Wagner, manager at Smithgall Woods, asked [fishbum] to post this information for fishermen:

1. Dukes Creek fishing will be closed and no reservations for fishing will be taken from Jun 1, 2017 to October 1, 2017, however, the stream may be reopened sometime earlier during September depending on water flow and temperature conditions.

2. No fishing at all will be allowed on Dukes Creek during this period, except cabin guests may fish the cabin section only.

3. Re-stocking plans are under development and will be initiated sometime before the stream is reopened.

4. Fishing reservations will be taken starting for October 2017. To make a reservation in October or later call the reservation number 706-878-3087. Updates on the creek conditions and possible reopening date should be available in September at the reservation number above.
__________________
__________________
"What's his offense?"
"Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Last edited by Trout8myfly; 09-18-17 at 04:29 PM.
Trout8myfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 10:34 PM   #2
Killer Kyle
Native
 
Killer Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout8myfly View Post
The headline says it all.

And...October is booked out.

(706) 878-3087

ETA: From the May 15 Dukes Creek Closing thread:


__________________
I'll be out there Oct 15th guiding my friend with.......wait for it.....gasssppppp.....a spinning rod!!!!
I'm sure we won't look like the fanciest on the stream, but I hope to get him on some pellet fed hogs. Anybody else going to be there that day?
Dukes has recently been stocked, so even if we can't hook up with 24 inch rainbows raised like cattle, there should be plenty of clueless stockers to keep us busy. Look for the one in the parking lot sans any real fishing gear like nice waders, tippet spool lanyards, fishpond net, costas, and with a spinning rod. The one looking like a hillbilly. Probably with a huge dip in, and wearing a non flat billed, old camo hat. That'll be me. There may or may not be a cooler of beer in the back of the car. Feel free to swing be and say hi, grab a beer, and let me out fish you.

-Killer
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 06:29 AM   #3
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame
 
Trout "R"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Kyle View Post
I'll be out there Oct 15th guiding my friend with.......wait for it.....gasssppppp.....a spinning rod!!!!
I'm sure we won't look like the fanciest on the stream, but I hope to get him on some pellet fed hogs. Anybody else going to be there that day?
Dukes has recently been stocked, so even if we can't hook up with 24 inch rainbows raised like cattle, there should be plenty of clueless stockers to keep us busy. Look for the one in the parking lot sans any real fishing gear like nice waders, tippet spool lanyards, fishpond net, costas, and with a spinning rod. The one looking like a hillbilly. Probably with a huge dip in, and wearing a non flat billed, old camo hat. That'll be me. There may or may not be a cooler of beer in the back of the car. Feel free to swing be and say hi, grab a beer, and let me out fish you.

-Killer
Well I won't be fishing Dukes on the 15th but I will volunteer to come and protect your cooler to make sure no degenerates try and take advantage of you while y'all are fishing!!
__________________
"Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover
Trout "R" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 06:46 AM   #4
buckman1
Native
 
buckman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Habersham County
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Kyle View Post
I'll be out there Oct 15th guiding my friend with.......wait for it.....gasssppppp.....a spinning rod!!!!
I'm sure we won't look like the fanciest on the stream, but I hope to get him on some pellet fed hogs. Anybody else going to be there that day?
Dukes has recently been stocked, so even if we can't hook up with 24 inch rainbows raised like cattle, there should be plenty of clueless stockers to keep us busy. Look for the one in the parking lot sans any real fishing gear like nice waders, tippet spool lanyards, fishpond net, costas, and with a spinning rod. The one looking like a hillbilly. Probably with a huge dip in, and wearing a non flat billed, old camo hat. That'll be me. There may or may not be a cooler of beer in the back of the car. Feel free to swing be and say hi, grab a beer, and let me out fish you.

-Killer
If you'll look under one of the rock stacks the kids made in front of the checkin center, I'll hide a can of niblets and some nightcrawlers! And since I'm inviting myself to some of your beer, please don't get PBR!
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 07:10 AM   #5
splatek16
Native
 
splatek16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Suwanee, GA
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout "R" View Post
Well I won't be fishing Dukes on the 15th but I will volunteer to come and protect your cooler to make sure no degenerates try and take advantage of you while y'all are fishing!!


I'll take a shift "guarding" that beer, too. Haha
Best post in a long time, you had me at "not flat billed hat" bahaha.

This sorta looks like a pellet if buckman1 night crawlers don't work
https://www.bigyflyco.com/bread-crumb-fly-detail.htm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 07:20 AM   #6
Killer Kyle
Native
 
Killer Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
I'll take a shift "guarding" that beer, too. Haha
Best post in a long time, you had me at "not flat billed hat" bahaha.

This sorta looks like a pellet if buckman1 night crawlers don't work
https://www.bigyflyco.com/bread-crumb-fly-detail.htm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was about to start hating on that fly because Ithought it was a mop. Then I realized it was spun hair, and actually probably took considerable time and effort to create. In that case...I'd fish it!

Last edited by Killer Kyle; 09-29-17 at 09:26 AM.
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 07:26 AM   #7
Killer Kyle
Native
 
Killer Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman1 View Post
If you'll look under one of the rock stacks the kids made in front of the checkin center, I'll hide a can of niblets and some nightcrawlers! And since I'm inviting myself to some of your beer, please don't get PBR!
Buckman, you should have seen the look I got last spring when I walked into the visitor center one day. I opened the door and yelled to the desk "Hey! Y'all got any stringers?"
I thought I was about to become the subject of a public execution!
Leave those nightcrawlers by the pavilion hole. And in case the water is low and clear, and the fish are picky, leave some red Wiggler's or mealworms in case I need to go finnesse. Thanks Buck!
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 07:43 AM   #8
Killer Kyle
Native
 
Killer Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout "R" View Post
Well I won't be fishing Dukes on the 15th but I will volunteer to come and protect your cooler to make sure no degenerates try and take advantage of you while y'all are fishing!!
I'll stock the good stuff for you, Trout "R", and will leave the PBR for Buckman!
One of my favorite Dukes memories was when I was guiding a friend from south GA. It was his first time ever fly-fishing. He didn't catch any monsters, but landed several stocker sized fish, some wildones, a couple in the maybe 13" range, and got broken off a couple times by larger fish. Atthe end of the day we were exhausted as we approached the parking lot. We walked up to the car, and next to my car was a man by his. He looked at us and said "Hey! You guys want a beer?!" My friend Chris said "Sir, I don't know who you are, but I like you!"
That man may or may not have turned out to be the current president of NGTO himself.

Last edited by Killer Kyle; 09-29-17 at 09:27 AM.
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 08:36 AM   #9
livesoundga
Stocker
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Kyle View Post
I'll be out there Oct 15th guiding my friend with.......wait for it.....gasssppppp.....a spinning rod!!!!
I'm sure we won't look like the fanciest on the stream, but I hope to get him on some pellet fed hogs. Anybody else going to be there that day?
Dukes has recently been stocked, so even if we can't hook up with 24 inch rainbows raised like cattle, there should be plenty of clueless stockers to keep us busy. Look for the one in the parking lot sans any real fishing gear like nice waders, tippet spool lanyards, fishpond net, costas, and with a spinning rod. The one looking like a hillbilly. Probably with a huge dip in, and wearing a non flat billed, old camo hat. That'll be me. There may or may not be a cooler of beer in the back of the car. Feel free to swing be and say hi, grab a beer, and let me out fish you.

-Killer
I'll be up there! I'm really excited that it's open again. After the summer we've had I can't wait to see whats out there.
livesoundga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 01:35 PM   #10
Swimmer
Native
 
Swimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Dawsonville, GA
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesoundga View Post
I'll be up there! I'm really excited that it's open again. After the summer we've had I can't wait to see whats out there.
A few of us went to Dukes yesterday for their fall opening. The fish were rested after the summer off, and they eagerly went after almost everything we offered in section 1. All five of us caught fish...mostly 10-14 inch rainbows. They looked like fairly recent stocked fish. The great news is that we all caught some baby 'bows in the 3-4 inch range and we assumed that these were stream bred fish. The water was low and extremely clear. Fish were caught on black Pat's rubber legs, y2k's, pheasant tail nymphs, rainbow warriors, and just about anything else we threw. Sorry to tell you that we educated the fish for all that follow!

Here's a nice 18" bow that I caught on my 10 1/2 foot 3wt and her little brother.


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
-Henry David Thoreau
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright 2010 - North Georgia Trout Online - All Rights Reserved