NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Warm Water Reports--Freshwater
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-17, 09:01 PM   #1
del Monte chucker
Native

Default Sneaking into TPC sugarloaf... worth it!

So me and my friends decided to go to sugarloaf country club for some fishing, as we heard there were some brutes in there. While one of my friends knew people who could let us in, none of them were home, so we took the more exciting, more legally ambiguous route: jumping the fence. Yep, it was stupid of us, but we were too tempted by the reports of big bass coming from the lake inside. Luckily, the jump paid off: I caught 6 bass total; 3 dinks, 2 decent fish, and 1 giant bass which turned out to be my PB. Here's some pics of the fish:
https://imgur.com/F1X0j16
https://imgur.com/UsnMXxx
https://imgur.com/Hd8KWYK
On the scale, he laid out at 5 pounds and 1 ounce. We carefully released that toad to fight another day.
Old 10-16-17, 08:46 AM   #2
Jimmy Harris
Hall of Fame Member, NGTO Sponsor

You know, as someone who owns some water people will do stupid things to fish on, this was stupid. And illegal. To be bragging about it on social media is likely to land you on one of those annual "World's Dumbest" lists.
Jimmy Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 09:40 AM   #3
gau16
Native

Live a little, Jimmy.

I know for a fact people have jumped over a fence to do more stupid things than catch a fish.

We should almost applaud his efforts to be outside catching fish rather than indoors staring at any number of screens that are available nowadays.

Is going onto private property recommenced? No. But I am sure this will be a moment in his life he won't soon forget.
gau16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 09:43 AM   #4
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Your friend should have called first to make sure someone was home to legally allow access.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 10:23 AM   #5
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Default Sneaking into TPC sugarloaf... worth it!

Yeah I dont think youre going to get much sympathy around here. Trespassing is trespassing and if you kept the fish you were stealing. The management folks at Sugarloaf probably arent thrilled with non-residents fishing their ponds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Trout8myfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 10:49 AM   #6
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Location: Chidspain Run, Delooth (Wells Fargo Call Center Interpretation)

NICE!

There was recently a problem with alot of people sneaking in to fish that lake.

Non-residents fishing during the day, distracting golfers, leaving trash (lots of 50mL airplane bottles, beer bottles, and lure packages), trying to drop in kayaks, and parking all along the dam area is a problem.

There was recently a group of high school kids bringing a bunch of their friends in to fish. 10 to 15 of them running all around the holes WHILE people were golfing. Literally casting while standing in a active Tee Box. Generally acting like trailer trash.

THIS LED TO THE BANNING OF FISHING IN ALMOST ALL AREAS, AND TICKETS FROM THE HOA THAT ARE NOW LIENED AGAINST YOUR HOUSE

People jumping the fence, and bringing others in, and disrespecting the gift of fishing in that pond has led to it being CLOSED. Along with with HOA now having a JIHAD against fishing.

People doing this bullcrap led to a privilege enjoyed by DUES PAYING RESIDENTS for 15 years being taken away this summer.

Just an FYI. Now I can't get on my honey hole without risk of a 150 dollar ticket.

Thanks a boatload.

Alex

It's hunting, not fishing.

Follow me on instagram @alexgreenfishing
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 11:13 AM   #7
Jimmy Harris
Hall of Fame Member, NGTO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gau16 View Post
Live a little, Jimmy.
Of course there are many things more egregious than poaching a fish. From my perspective, I have no clue what you do for a living but just imagine someone trespassing to come into your place of business after hours and taking some of whatever it is you sell. Same thing. Try having a "live a little" attitude after some low life poaches all the fish out of one section of your property, sells them to a local restaurant (and has a daughter dumb enough to post a picture of it on FB). It's stealing no matter how benevolent you may feel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2189.jpg (14.1 KB, 146 views)
Jimmy Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 11:26 AM   #8
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
NICE!

Just an FYI. Now I can't get on my honey hole without risk of a 150 dollar ticket.

Thanks a boatload.

Alex
Are you saying you are pissed at others for sneaking in to fish as it screwed up your ability to sneak in and fish?

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 11:39 AM   #9
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Location: Chidspain Run, Delooth (Wells Fargo Call Center Interpretation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
Are you saying you are pissed at others for sneaking in to fish as it screwed up your ability to sneak in and fish?
I did not have to sneak in to fish as my family and I have been residents for a long time, which is the foundational basis of my point.

The pissed part is due to my privilege being revoked due to people sneaking and and acting a fool.

It's hunting, not fishing.

Follow me on instagram @alexgreenfishing

Last edited by browniez; 10-16-17 at 11:46 AM. Reason: To reduce inflammation, my angry bear has been poked too much the last 48 hrs.
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 11:51 AM   #10
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

Well, when I read the Cornchuckers post I thought it was a joke or some trolling of another member, because who the heck would post an admission of a crime? I guess I was wrong, maybe, but people are stupid. This may be a "post of the year" award winner, but not in a good category

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote