NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Warm Water Reports--Freshwater
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-17, 11:53 AM   #11
ChefKy
Native

I wish you guys would have to pay the $150 fine that I paid for fishing here with Alex. I was the unfortunate soul fishing with him the day security came to inform Alex that fishing priveledges had been revoked for residents and guests alike. I believe Alex was able to escape the fine that day but I however was not. I assumed responsibility for thinking I was fine tagging along with him but I certainly did no sneaking or knowing trespassing and grudgingly took it on the chin for being wrong.

We all have plenty of stories like yours from being kids and most of us got in trouble a time or two for running our mouths too much about one adventure or another and implicating ourselves. OP I hope that you learn from the verbal bashing here and practice some more restraint in the future.

-Tom Brokaw-
ChefKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 11:57 AM   #12
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Location: Chidspain Run, Delooth (Wells Fargo Call Center Interpretation)

I didn't escape it Chef.

I was so incensed afterwards that I documented over 50 erosion and runoff control violations in relation to the golf course construction. The HOA had to pay a much stiffer fine than I.

It's hunting, not fishing.

Follow me on instagram @alexgreenfishing
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 12:19 PM   #13
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Sorry Alex, I did not realize you were a fellow one-percenter! Given that you are a landowner there, I can see why you would be a bit pissed that some peasants had taken away your honey hole. I would feel the same way if all of a sudden I was told I could not fish the lakes that surround my cabin.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 12:25 PM   #14
fishnpreacher
Chaplain, Director, HOF

Sneaking in to fish private waters will get you shot in some areas. Permission or not, this is not the thing to do.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 12:58 PM   #15
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Location: Chidspain Run, Delooth (Wells Fargo Call Center Interpretation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
I would feel the same way if all of a sudden I was told I could not fish the lakes that surround my cabin.
I'd wager you'd be even angrier if those lakes had gave you a chance to encounter 10 to 15 lb largemouth that savagely destroy large topwater presentations.

It's hunting, not fishing.

Follow me on instagram @alexgreenfishing
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 02:34 PM   #16
gau16
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by del Monte chucker View Post
We carefully released that toad to fight another day.
I don't think it was this young mans intent was to poach fish. When we refer to poaching as the illegal taking of fish.

As seen also by the grin on his face.

My "live a little" comment speaks to all of us in one way or another. Everyone has broken some type of rule when we were around his age, too. And now.

Gone 1 MPH over the marked speed limit ever?
Ever sneak a snack into a movie theater?
Grab a handful of candy from the bulk section?

Yeah, it was wrong, and I don't think he should have done it and I would not do it myself. He could/should have got a ticket and been kicked out but everyone is young and foolish at some point in their life.

This wasn't a premeditated fish kill. Take it down a notch. I'm sure reading all of this will make him think twice next time. Or, maybe it won't but sometimes we have to learn the hard way.
gau16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 03:08 PM   #17
ChaChung
Native

I'd have to agree with Gau on this one.

As someone who visits that subdivision regularly, my in laws live in Sugarloaf not so far from that fishing hole, I have seen plenty of people fishing that spot. Young and old.

It's not anything like Jimmy's private waters right behind the shop but it's off the main road through the subdivision well away from any houses. I don't think they intentionally manage any trophy fish and charge people to fish it. It's more like a lake than a pond.

I can see the point about golfers getting pissed though. People probably should not fish a golf course during golfing hours.

I understand all the concerns about trespassing but the kid in the picture is in braces and looks like he's in Middle school! Maybe early high school at best. I think there are a lot more worse things that kids his age can into than hopping a fence into a subdivision and fishing their lake for some bass.

So, Del-monte, nice fish but you should be careful not to break the law next time and if you happen to do something like that, don't advertise it all over the place.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 03:17 PM   #18
CookieMonster30
Stocker

^^^^ 100% agree. It's obvious there was no malicious intent and he said he released the fish. I used to fish on the golf courses back in my early teen days mainly because I didn't have another choice after school if I wanted to go fishing the golf course pond was option A,B, and C. Not encouraging del Monte chucker to do it again but this thread has run it's course. Nice bass though!
CookieMonster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 04:19 PM   #19
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster30 View Post
^^^^ 100% agree. It's obvious there was no malicious intent and he said he released the fish. I used to fish on the golf courses back in my early teen days mainly because I didn't have another choice after school if I wanted to go fishing the golf course pond was option A,B, and C. Not encouraging del Monte chucker to do it again but this thread has run it's course. Nice bass though!
He said he released A fish. The big toad...or maybe they released all the fish (I hope) but not as carefully...if so that didn't come through the post.

And if you are trespassing then almost by definition your intent is malicious...otherwise why are you there when you know you shouldn't be?

Call it a lesson learned and move on. But don't complain if a repeat performance nets a fine and some harsher words from someone with more authority than a bunch of trout bums on an internet message board shouting into space.
Trout8myfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 04:35 PM   #20
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
Sorry Alex, I did not realize you were a fellow one-percenter! Given that you are a landowner there, I can see why you would be a bit pissed that some peasants had taken away your honey hole. I would feel the same way if all of a sudden I was told I could not fish the lakes that surround my cabin.
I am at a loss for words.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote