NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO President / BOD Announcements
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-17, 02:06 PM   #1
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

Talking Making NGTO Great Again!

Swampy beat me to the punchline before the joke was even told, but I have in fact made a personal decision to step down from president and the BOD of this fine organization. Definitely more ups than downs over the past two years and I have gotten to meet some great folks in the trout fishing ecosystem during this time. But things change, life changes and after much deliberation I decided it was time for a change - for both me and for NGTO.

I am happy to report that as of November 1st, the newly elected President of NGTO is Marcus Tullis / Swamp Angel. I am absolutely confident that once Marcus starts posting in plain English, most - if not all of you will agree that he is the man for the job. Leading an all volunteer organization is difficult, and just as every President did, he will need your support as well. Best of luck Swampy!

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-17, 04:50 PM   #2
Sighter
Native (Formerly known as DoubleRainbow)

Congrats Swamp Angel! Great man for the job and couldn't think of a better choice. Also thank you RScott for the effort you put in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-17, 07:39 PM   #3
2fly
Ex-BOD, Hall Of Fame Member, Ex-Angler

Congrats Swampy, you'll do a great job! Thanks to Rscott for his contributions to this site and for getting me started flyfishing for trout on the Hooch.
2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-17, 07:52 PM   #4
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRainbow View Post
Congrats Swamp Angel! Great man for the job and couldn't think of a better choice. Also thank you RScott for the effort you put in!k
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I can think of a LOT of people more qualified than me. This is sort of like Les Miles having to follow up Nick Saban as head coach and having to fill the shoes of a national champion coach. Or maybe it's like Ed Orgeron being appointed head coach after Miles because there was no real search for a fully qualified individual.

Okay, enough of the LSU references for now. (Trust me, there'll be plenty more later.) The truth is, Scott has been a very good and dependable leader and it will require a bit of real effort to continue in his footsteps.

As for his title of "Make NGTO Great Again!" I have no intentions of dying my hair orange and wearing a comb-over. GoutUnlimited would wind up making an avatar out of the two of us and incorporating Vladimir Putin into it. But NGTO has always been a great organization, and by holding to our roots and original ideals, we always will be. We hope to grow, but with our growth we should ever be mindful of the reason this site/group/organization came into existence. There is a reason for NGTO and why we do what we do.

Now, if you want some real news, ask Big T why he was late for the Board of Directors' meeting this past Sunday. Then ask him who he was guiding. That's the real news that the mainstream media has been hiding from everyone this past week. (I'm not kidding. Ask Big T who he was guiding this past Sunday. You'll find out that NGTO's sponsors host some of the most wonderful people you could ever hope to meet.)

And in response to RScott:
You have passed the torch. I will strive to keep the flame alive and as bright a beacon as you have in your tenure. I will miss your presence on the BOD as our leader but I will not be missing your advice since I will be seeking your input and input from our other former presidents and directors to maintain our course. We have a good, strong, and reliable BOD for the upcoming year thanks in large part to you and we have a direction for growth and increasing visibility.

Now, as fer postin' in plain English, y'all have done made it purt' near im-poss-uh-bull fer me to speak in mah native hill-billy tongue with a Cajun flavor fer some tahm. I promise that as soon as mah duties are fool-filled, I shall return d'reckly to Swampy speak.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Last edited by Swamp Angel; 10-19-17 at 07:58 PM.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-17, 08:23 PM   #5
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

Good to see Scoot passing the torch

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"You're an Idiot" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

"I canít be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson
Gatorbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-17, 08:43 PM   #6
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

A car in every garage and a trout in every pool....

Thanks to RScott for his leadership over the past 2 years. One of these days our paths will cross, possibly at Island Ford and I will add fishing with RScott to my resume'.
Swampy, looks like you gonna have a couple of newbies in the BOD pool to deal with. I'll do my best not to be too ignorant.
Heres looking forward to the next year(s) serving together. Blessings, my Brother!

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 10:42 AM   #7
FishWillie
Native

Congrats Swampy....Guess our colors will be changing to purple and gold now....congrats buddy....will
FishWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 12:04 AM   #8
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Good choice guys, Swampy will make a great Prez! Marc, decide where you want this place to go and then make it happen! Best advice I can give you; don't make the same mistake I did, think big!

RScott: don't believe all that hype they told you about being an ex-president. The private bathroom, stream side secret service protection, free booze and hookers, all lies! They tell you about all the great perks, but in the end they make you park cars at the Fling!

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 07:08 AM   #9
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...Congrats Marc and Scott...I'll start a GoFund link so we can get images carved into Stone Mtn...

...I am confident in both your ablilities !...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 12:17 PM   #10
GoutUnlimited
Native

Congrstulations swamp man!

Мы им покажем!