NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-17, 06:21 AM   #1
Ch035
Native

Default What gloves?

I learned my lesson this weekend. I need to pick up some waterproof gloves that still leave the dexterity to tie knots. I went to Hammonds yesterday and got the feedback from the staff that the Simms gloves are great until they get wet- well being the captain of the Hooch swim team, squirrel fisher, and angler of tree-poundersó these gloves are gonna get wet.

What do you guys use?

Iíve been looking at Kast products but Iíd like to use them on Wednesday. If anyone knows of a Kast dealer in ATL area please let me know.

Or if you have a pair text me 7-856-6169 in Brookhaven for work and live in Buford.
Ch035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 06:38 AM   #2
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

Search for "Glacier" gloves, fingerless, part neoprene and have worked well for me

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 09:05 AM   #3
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Gloves

I have the fingerless woven neoprene glacier gloves for most fishing, but it really gets cold I have a pair of G Loomis (I think) neoprene fingerless gloves with with a fold over cover for fingers and thumb making a full mitten for when it is REALLY cold! The four fingers and thumb are separate covers so you can leave your thumb out. This is really convenient when fishing with NGTO BOT members so when you catch big fish and they don't you can thumb your nose at the them!
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 11:31 AM   #4
richf7
Native

Do the neoprene gloves breathe so your hands donít get wet from sweat?
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 11:52 AM   #5
andymoore
Native

Are you wearing them for warmth? If so you may try just keeping a dry towel with you to dry your hands after you get them wet. This works the best for me on cold days.
andymoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 12:46 PM   #6
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Neoprene = Wet?

If your hands sweat while wearing any of these gloves I suggest it's not cold enough to be wearing gloves. Start with fingerless and go from there or the type which are fingerless until you fold over the mitten top.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 01:06 PM   #7
FishWillie
Native

Old Fashioned. Wool Half fingers.
FishWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 04:14 PM   #8
richf7
Native

Thanks for the advice. Fingerless wool sounds like the way to go. From what I understand they still keep your hands warm when they get wet. I actually enjoy fishing in inclement weather. It reminds me of the time I went fishing as a kid with my dad on a cold, rainy day when we caught a ton of fish.
Old 11-08-17, 06:32 PM   #9
Back Country
Native

For those of you using half-finger wool gloves, is there a particular brand that you've been pleased with?
Back Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 09:32 AM   #10
richf7
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Country View Post
For those of you using half-finger wool gloves, is there a particular brand that you've been pleased with?
I just ordered a pair of Simms from Trident Fly Fishing for $24.95 including free shipping and no tax. Other sellers had them at the same price but charged tax plus and/or up to $7.95 shipping.