NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO Flings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-17, 12:35 PM   #1
Swamp Angel
President

Default Call for Volunteers (Not just Tennessee Fans)

NGTO is a volunteer organization and our Flings are dependent upon Volunteers from the ranks of our NGTO members to fill various roles and make these things happen. With the Fall Fling coming up this Saturday (Nov 4), we'll need just a few brave souls to back us up.

Please look through the following areas and consider whether you may be able to offer up a little of your time at the Fall Fling to ensure it's a great time to be had by all of your fellow trout aficionados.

Saturday morning set-up:
Set-up usually begins around 8:30. We'll need a few folks who are not participating in the Drag Free Drift clinic to help get the tables and chairs set up prior to the official opening of the fling at 10:00AM. With a good crew, this takes about thirty minutes.

1. Swamp Angel
2. erikclymore
3. jimbo

Food support crew:
This group will aid with the food preparations by setting up the serving tables prior to serving lunch to the masses. The heaviest workload occurs between 11:00 and noon, and it can get a bit frenzied and hectic. This is one that is of utmost importance since fed fishermen are happy fishermen.

1. THE EG
2.Trout8myfly(I’ll be back there anyway).

Tear down and clean-up:
After the Fling has drawn to a close, we'll need a few hardy souls to help us collect and bag the trash, and fold the tables return them to their storage place or stack them for pick-up. A good team can have this done in about 45 minutes. (Georgia Bulldog fans, if LSU wins out you won't have to play Alabamastan for the SEC Championship. You'll only have to play them in the play-offs.)

1. Swamp Angel
2. WPrich
3. Kelly Hinson

Parking:
Of utmost importance since parked vehicles must not impede the flow of traffic into the hatchery or access to the service road or raceways where the trout are kept. This can be challenging when you consider that many of our fellow fishermen who will be attending are the same folks you cuss at when driving around Atlanta. Here's your chance to literally put 'em in their place.
With enough volunteers here, no one on this team should have to be on their feet for more than 30 minutes at a time.

1. RScott

Thanks for taking the time to consider where you may be able to donate some time to helping make this Fall Fling as successful as all those we've had in the past!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Last edited by Swamp Angel; 10-31-17 at 10:33 PM.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 02:09 PM   #2
WPrich
Native

I'll stick around and help with cleanup afterwards
WPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 03:07 PM   #3
splatek16
Native

Totally would, but Spencer's playoff game has been rescheduled to 1030 and then we are going to the Uga game which starts at 330.
Won't even be able to make it, which saddens me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 03:36 PM   #4
Swamp Angel
President

Thanks, WP! Your help is much appreciated. As for Mr. Platek ... shame on you. UGA/Florida has already been played so you have no excuse. I'd forgive you if you were going to Tuscaloosa and wearing purple and gold, but...
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Last edited by Swamp Angel; 10-30-17 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-30-17, 03:44 PM   #5
Kelly Hinson
Native

Swampy, I will be glad to help with cleanup.

Kelly Hinson
Kelly Hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 04:08 PM   #6
Swamp Angel
President

Much thanks, Kelly!
Old 10-30-17, 04:54 PM   #7
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

The forecast looks a little damp...do you want to have a contingency tent crew which you can either enlist or wave off Friday night as needed? I can be part of it, just need to know.
Trout8myfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 05:02 PM   #8
Steve Hudson
Hall of Fame Member

Default Glad to help where needed!

I'll be there and glad to help between the classes. Let me know wherever you need a hand!
Steve Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-17, 05:07 PM   #9
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout8myfly View Post
The forecast looks a little damp...do you want to have a contingency tent crew which you can either enlist or wave off Friday night as needed? I can be part of it, just need to know.
I'm seeing less than 10% chance until 2:00PM when it jumps to 20%. We'll keep a close eye on it and see how it develops. Right now I'm thinking we should be okay.
Old 10-30-17, 05:36 PM   #10
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
I'm seeing less than 10% chance until 2:00PM when it jumps to 20%. We'll keep a close eye on it and see how it develops. Right now I'm thinking we should be okay.
Praying for clear skies and fair winds.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote