NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-17, 10:31 PM   #11
bigorangefan
Native

Location: Alpharetta physically, standing in a stream mentally

Quote:
Originally Posted by dink View Post
They are always 2 sides of the story. That's just not cool to take a guys picture
and set behind a key board and call someone a punk.
dink
I call em like I see em.
bigorangefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 09:03 AM   #12
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Photo

You can't tell from the photo who the angers are so no big deal. We call out other anglers here all the time - let's us all vent a little - and this is a good place for it. Far better to vent your angst here than to get into an altercation with someone on the river, or in the woods or parking lot ...... wherever people show their pond scum side.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 09:12 AM   #13
Adawe
Stocker

Default 2 sides to story

The story that i heard was that the boat was anchored up and rigging up before the wader came barging in the hole for the second time. Dink and I know this young man well so I sincerely believe his side,. Lets get the real facts before we start name calling.
Adawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 09:35 AM   #14
I_got_skunked
Native

Old 11-06-17, 09:52 AM   #15
fiddlestix
Native

I'm not sure what happened. I reconize the rower. I have spoken with him a few times while we were launching our boats. He appears to be a very ethical young man. Prolly a misunderstanding.....
fiddlestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 09:55 AM   #16
andymoore
Native

Haders gonna hate
andymoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 06:33 PM   #17
bigorangefan
Native

Location: Alpharetta physically, standing in a stream mentally

The rower (guide) was doing a fine job for his client. He was handling the fish perfectly. He was putting his client on fish. All good stuff.

I hope he learned a thing or two about treating waders in high water and giving them space because I embarrassed the crap out of him in front of his client (whom stayed silent during the whole exchange -so not a friend). I am also glad that some on this board know him and have brought this up with him ( what I had hoped for).

It makes perfect sense for the young man to relate the story differently and for those that know him and not me to believe him. I get that.

Perhaps this will encourage him to treat waders with more respect than he did to me and act more professionally. That will be good for everyone.

I think that is the point of NGTO -education and promoting the sport.
bigorangefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 01:05 AM   #18
Groundhog
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by dink View Post
They are always 2 sides of the story. That's just not cool to take a guys picture
and set behind a key board and call someone a punk.
dink
See, I think it's totally fine to take a picture of these dickheads, post em on the board and call them out. I, personally, have zero tolerance for that BS- esp. since it doesn't appear to be crowded. I'd of told them to keep on going- if they chose to stand pat, I would've been casting all up in their **** until they got the point...
Old 11-07-17, 08:04 AM   #19
eyeflyfish
Native

Every photo is a snapshot of a moment in time. There is a video that led up to that moment and a video after the moment. No photo tells a story. the video before and after must be seen to even begin to try and understand the story. The story like every piece of paper I have ever held has two sides. I have learned over the years of goat farming to not believe anything I hear and only half of what I see.

When it comes to fishing I take a fish or two at any given spot and then move on to the next run or hole. Fishing is not so much about the catching for me. It is about the experience of being outdoors, enjoying the beauty of the day, being able to breath(too many lose that option too soon).

If I guy appears to barge in on me, I take a moment to consider I may have barged in on someone else sometime in my life. Heck maybe I am doing it now to someone and this is giving me an opportunity to look in the mirror and see where I might self correct my own life.

I hope everyone has a great Fall of fishing and enjoying the beauty of the surroundings while in the water.
eyeflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 08:10 AM   #20
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

We live in a time where nobody is wrong. But I gotta admit I do enjoy watching a good Millennial cat fight. Key in the bluesy guitar licks:

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote