NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-17, 07:12 PM   #1
gau16
Native

Default Time to go to Brown Town

Looking at my pictures from last year and funny enough it was this time last year that a buddy and I caught some great great browns on the hooch.

Today's weather was ideal. I loved seeing the trees change colors and all the leaves on the ground. Had to take a beauty shot of my stick. Sadly, I was a little late to the river and missed the morning bite, maybe.

Second cast in and missed a little fella. A few later, hooked a bigger brown and it jumped and spit my fly. Couple more casts to the same spot and got this first brown.

After that not a whole lot going on but kept chugging along for this second brown.

Wasn't a stellar day but felt like at any second I could get a quality fish. This weather is perfect in my opinion.

Finished with 5 in a few hours. Looking to get back out quickly during this time frame and weather...

gau16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 08:13 PM   #2
splatek16
Native

@gau16 - great fish. I agree this time of year/season if fun to be fishing. A lot of folks I know ask me "Isn't it the wrong season to be fishing?" I don't think so, but I guess that's because I don't hunt... sadly.
I've been having some pretty good days on the river at various locations well above the DH - it takes a little to figure out what they're eating and where in the water column, but once that happens it's usually dialed in, at least for a few minutes.

Nice rod and reel too. Were you just fishing dries today? That's awesome. I had a few bows (holdovers) snatching my dries earlier this week. It was startling, but awesome.

See ya on the river!
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 09:07 PM   #3
gau16
Native

I don't hunt either so, more fish for me and you!

Personally, this is my favorite time of year to fish. Weather can be fantastic, the brown spawn, the Fall colors. All so good!

I went to the DH last week. I usually prefer the fishing above MF.

Today I thought I had them figured out but I had a long cold streak between fish. I probably could have changed flies more frequently..

Thanks! All nymphs today. I don't have much confidence in dries, another thing I should practice.
Old 11-09-17, 09:39 PM   #4
jkwolek1971
Native

There are 6 million people in the metro area and I was the only one on the river below the dam this afternoon. Can you say Peaceful?

Joe
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 09:58 PM   #5
gau16
Native

Thatís what Iím im talking about! Now that I think of it. My only company was the hungry Heron.
Old 11-10-17, 07:06 PM   #6
GoutUnlimited
Native

Sweet grip n glen.
Old 11-10-17, 08:40 PM   #7
splatek16
Native

Got a few today, all pretty small tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 11:27 PM   #8