NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-17, 05:23 PM   #1
jkwolek1971
Native

Default Dam cold and rainy is AWESOME!

Steamer bite was on today. They loved the side strip and swing. Caught about 10 or so in a couple of hours. Forgot my raincoat so was a little wet. Missed two big ones. One hit the streamer hard and threw a big boil in the water. The other was on for a while but got off.

Here’s a link to my biggest.
https://instagram.com/p/BbaPW2EAlsx/

Joe
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 09:24 PM   #2
gau16
Native

Very pretty fish. Nice work.

Was out today early in the morning before the rain and not even a sniff. Changed flies a ton and threw streamers before giving into the skunk.

Seems like the rain turned them on then.
gau16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 09:34 AM   #3
jkwolek1971
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by gau16 View Post
Very pretty fish. Nice work.

Was out today early in the morning before the rain and not even a sniff. Changed flies a ton and threw streamers before giving into the skunk.

Seems like the rain turned them on then.
I think with the streamer bite you have to stay with it. I went through one run with not even a sniff. I then hit a spot and proceeded to catch two fish back to back... Kept on going downstream and started figuring out where they were and had hits/catches all the way to the next set of rapids. They were sitting right beside big rocks/limbs so I will position my fly around 1/2pm if you are looking upstream. Let is settle and then strip.. Once is got towards 5pm I would let it float in the current. They would hit it all the way through the strip and then after about 5 secs of sitting on the drift..... What was fun was watching the same fish come after the streamer multiple times. It gets frustrating dealing with all the misses but exciting to see the big boils and knowing you are doing something right.

Joe
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 12:49 PM   #4
Sam_MTB
Native

Good looking fish!