NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-17, 09:23 PM   #1
Dave375
Native

Default Perfect Day

Well when you’re a shot up old veteran and it’s your birthday and your college team is expected to take a whoopin’ then you might as well get up early and head north. Couldn’t decide between upper Naty and toog so decided to let the gps decide. Wouldn’t you know they’re both exactly 92 miles from my driveway. Flipped a coin and Naty won.
Pretty good way to start the day

Listening to Oneal outside on the radio and heard on of our new HOF members call in, seemed like a good omen.
30 degrees and a pretty good frost, fishing was a little slow early but heated up as the sun got higher.

Mostly bows, the one above got it started
Followed by a dozen or so more

Had a grown up brookie refuse my offerings did manage to get one smaller one and finished up after lunch with the only brown of the day

Got to hear the last few minutes of GT’s win on the radio. Then for a guy who went to college a couple hours down 85 south during the Bo and Herschel era the afternoon could not have ended any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 10:39 PM   #2
bigorangefan
Native

Location: Alpharetta physically, standing in a stream mentally

Nice report Dave. I was there too, in the water around 11.

Thank you for serving sir!
bigorangefan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 09:04 AM   #3
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame

Dave
First off, Thank You for your service!!! Second Happy belated Birthday!

My wife is in (Philthadephia) so I had a full blown kitchen pass. I am an early riser by nature. So I decided to try and walk on at Dukes. As I left the house and listening to O'neill Williams, the young kid (Dakota) that was filling in on the show sounded like he was struggling. So I decided to call in and try and give him someone to talk to. Well I called in at 4:45 and at 5 am O'neill came back on. I didn't get on until 5:20 and by that time I was already in the area where the cell service wasn't that good and lost the connection.

And I like you remember the glory days of Georgia. We are headed in the right direction, but aren't there yet for sure.
Old 11-12-17, 11:34 PM   #4
Dave375
Native

As an Auburn guy I'm obviously happy with the win but I do believe with Coach Smart at the helm it's going to be a long time before UGA takes a beating like that again. I predict after facing the environment they did Saturday that come SEC Championship game time they will be much better prepared against whoever they face.
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote