NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-17, 02:25 PM   #1
batemantrout47
Stocker

Default Amicalola DH

Caught around 12 nice size rainbows yesterday on the Ami DH. The water was clear and cold and they really became active just after noon. Caught most on a rubber leg stone fly and Y2K bug. I wish I had some pictures, but I purposefully left my phone in the car. Great day on the water!
batemantrout47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 07:59 AM   #2
Uncle Fun
Native

Glad to hear you had a good day. On Friday it was a big nope for everyone I talked to in the afternoon at both ends. 1 LDR and 1 follow all on red San Jaun and in deeper/slacker water than I am usually drawn to.
Uncle Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 08:08 AM   #3
batemantrout47
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Fun View Post
Glad to hear you had a good day. On Friday it was a big nope for everyone I talked to in the afternoon at both ends. 1 LDR and 1 follow all on red San Jaun and in deeper/slacker water than I am usually drawn to.
That sounds about right. I only caught one until about noon and then pulled the rest out of the same types of spots (deep slow pools) within the span of about an hour.
batemantrout47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 11:44 AM   #4
splatek16

My experience last year with the DH:

Smith: faster runs, except for that one spot under the bridge. Here I used a euro nymph setup and did pretty well.
AMI: they tended to be in deeper, slacker runs... and a worm always slayed it. One day @Bozozsmightmare and I must've caught 40+ each (maybe the same fish multiple times) using worms and midges, alternating.

I know nothing about this, but perhaps the different watersheds used for the DH harbor different streamborn food that the fish (relatively) quickly key in on. The AMI just seems like the spot to go dig up worms and that's why I started with worms. I used to tie a fly that I called the Wormigon (part squirmy, part perdigon nymph) with some flash and they seemed to love all colors of that thing. Super heavy, bounced along the bottom, yum yum.

I've yet to hit the DH this year, but sounds like y'all are killing it.
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-17, 09:57 PM   #5
bozosnightmare
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
My experience last year with the DH:

Smith: faster runs, except for that one spot under the bridge. Here I used a euro nymph setup and did pretty well.

AMI: they tended to be in deeper, slacker runs... and a worm always slayed it. One day @Bozozsmightmare and I must've caught 40+ each (maybe the same fish multiple times) using worms and midges, alternating.

I know nothing about this, but perhaps the different watersheds used for the DH harbor different streamborn food that the fish (relatively) quickly key in on. The AMI just seems like the spot to go dig up worms and that's why I started with worms. I used to tie a fly that I called the Wormigon (part squirmy, part perdigon nymph) with some flash and they seemed to love all colors of that thing. Super heavy, bounced along the bottom, yum yum.

I've yet to hit the DH this year, but sounds like y'all are killing it.

Correction sir. You may have caught 40, I caught at least 41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bozosnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote