NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-17, 08:16 AM   #11
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquatchyWater View Post
What's up fellas,

I'm back in town from school and finally have had some time to get out on the water. I've fished JB 3 times since last Friday and the fishing has been incredible. Girdle bugs and soft hackles have been the ticket consistently while a dry dropper with a small emerger kills em in the slower pocket water. I had an awesome time today showing my buddy that's new to fly fishing around JB. He had landed several bows as the day was coming to an end and I decided to do a quick, last minute fly change. We were in a hole that literally every single person on the water that day had fished when my buddy "got snagged". This is the biggest brown I've seen pulled out of JB in a long time. He was released unharmed and lives to grow another day. I hope everyone enjoys the holiday and a great weekend of football.

Dawgs-35
Tech-7
Nice looking fish! Did you get a measurement?
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-17, 12:11 PM   #12
Steve Hudson
Hall of Fame Member

Fantastic!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Steve Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-17, 12:35 PM   #13
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Nice job happy thanksgiving!

Simmer down everyone. If you put in the work in any stretch of the river you can and will get one. They're literally everywhere.
Old 11-23-17, 01:06 PM   #14
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Don't think Vance meant anything salty hes a pretty humble dude. In fact, hes been texting me pics of Trophy browns in various parts of the hooch recently. I met squachy hes a really nice guy and he was out with two buddies that are pretty new to flyfishing. He was fixing knots, tying on flys, and telling them where to cast. Pretty impressive feat to put a newb on a fish like that especially in the hooch in such a heavy traffic area. Meanwhile, I'll be out at IF where the really YUUGGGE brown are.

Happy Holidays everyone,
GU.
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-17, 02:29 PM   #15
vancheesey
Native

Don't believe it...I'm salty AF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
Don't think Vance meant anything salty hes a pretty humble dude. In fact, hes been texting me pics of Trophy browns in various parts of the hooch recently. I met squachy hes a really nice guy and he was out with two buddies that are pretty new to flyfishing. He was fixing knots, tying on flys, and telling them where to cast. Pretty impressive feat to put a newb on a fish like that especially in the hooch in such a heavy traffic area. Meanwhile, I'll be out at IF where the really YUUGGGE brown are.

Happy Holidays everyone,
GU.
Old 11-23-17, 08:07 PM   #16
mbailey729
Native

Awesome fish OP and Happy Thanksgiving. Got out with my BIL this evening and caught about a 12 brown. Hope to snag a bigger one this weekend
mbailey729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-17, 09:30 PM   #17
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

It's really all the mindset, and being cool with failing. My last 8 hours on the water I've had one bite, but it was quite worth it.
Old 11-24-17, 09:52 AM   #18
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancheesey View Post
Don't believe it...I'm salty AF...
LOL, vancheesey, why you salty AF?!? You sent me a pic of a bigger fish a couple days ago from JB!!!
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-17, 04:58 AM   #19
vancheesey
Native

Shhhh....I caught those...somewhere...else...funny thing, yesterday i paid a bunch of cash and went on a boat trip and caught better fish wading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
LOL, vancheesey, why you salty AF?!? You sent me a pic of a bigger fish a couple days ago from JB!!!
Old 11-25-17, 07:05 PM   #20
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancheesey View Post
Shhhh....I caught those...somewhere...else...funny thing, yesterday i paid a bunch of cash and went on a boat trip and caught better fish wading!
Only a few of those cash boat trips are worth it.

There's a few of those guys on the river worth it. I respect Davie and John the most by far.

When it comes down to it, if you are plugged into the big brown subculture, which you can't get to on the internet, only by being at ramps or shoals at early, late, in the most terrible conditions. You see WAY more of these things get caught than get thrown up here.

Van I've seen you've caught some great ones lately!

I'd be interested to have a 1 day derby between the big name guides and the ramp rats to see who does more damage.