NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-17, 05:17 PM   #1
Swamp Angel
President

Default Nothin' t' see here 'ceptin' a Swampy rant

Well, y'all. Meaux an' I got a hank'rin' t' git out on the 'Hooch t'day after church on account of we ain't been out but once since June 29th. The COE at the Buford dam decided to make a release raht at the wrong time of the day an' so we got to Abbotts Bridge at 'round an' about the 'zackly wrong time.

The water was a-risin', it was gittin' murkier, an' bein' as this was only our secont tahm out on the river since back in late June, the channel had changed up on us also too. (We're boat-fishin' people, so that makes a diff'rence.)

Well, this early Sunday afternoon, 'twas raht purty on the river. 'Tweren't hardly enny traffic insofar as boats go. I think we saw only two other bateaus on the water durin' the day.

When we firstest got there, I jumped outta the truck an' run down t' the river to see what it looked lahk. It was a little bit higher than usual, but wasn't ennythin' to be worried 'bout. Five minutes later, as we were puttin' the boat in the river, it was three inches higher, but we didn't allow ourse'fs to be too disconsternated by it. We put in an' commenced a-headin' nawth (that'd be up-river fer those unfamiliar with the 'Hooch).

We went slow as could be at first. Idlin' speed. As we approached the GA120 bridge with the swifter water I gunned the motor only jes' a little bit so as we could git through. After that we motored slowly an' patiently up-river 'til we got right up adjacent to the steps at Rogers Bridge, an' then we commenced a-floatin' back down.

Thar was a drift boat up-river from us that nigh on caught up to us as we were a-driftin', but they never did ketch us. We even drifted through the rocks twice at what I call the "Big Bend", about a mile up from Abbotts, an' never got so much as a nibble. An' that drift boat ahind of us didn't git enny nibbles thar either, so I felt good about that since we weren't the onliest ones that got skunked passin' through a good hole.

The shoals up anunderneath of Abbotts Bridge/GA120 didn't produce enny hits either, an' we made three passes through that water! I was mahty disappointed with that.

Meaux kept on the trollin' motor an' we continued a-fishin' nigh on to what fishmonger an' skibum call "Soccer Field Shoals." Still, all this tahm there ain't nary a bite to be had.
Eventually, we called it off an' turned back t'ward Abbotts to call it a day. We figgered 'twas good 'nuff to have spent a day on the water without a fish than to have never got out on the water at all.

We got back to the ramp at Abbotts an' Meaux went to git the truck and back the trailer down the ramp fer me to drive the 'Hoochee Queen on to. 'Twas mah misfortune, however, to let the boat drift into some fallen timber afore I threw her into gear. Needless to say, I hooked the perpeller on a submerged branch and mangled it (the perpeller, not the branch) to a substantial degree.

We got the bateau loaded up, strapped her down, an' headed home with a mahty fahn aroma of "skunk" follerin' us all the way fro Duluth to Lawrenceville.

So, no joy as far as fishin' goes this weekend, but we still had a good tahm on the water. An' on top of that, UGA won, Alabamastan lost, an' most importantly, LSU beat those heatherns from College Station, TX.

I'm sorry I haven't posted enny photos from today's excursion, but what's the point if there weren't enny fish to post? We did, however, have a four-point deer jump into the water from the west bank, raht at the Abbotts ramp, an' swim acrost the river raht in front of us. I reckon that was the high point of our day.

Ennyway, I hope y'alls' Thanksgivin' weekend was pleasurable an' included stickin' a few fishies in their lips!

We have a couple more holidays comin' up in the next five or six weeks. Enjoy the time with y'alls' families, but don't neglect gittin' outside an' catchin' a few trouts! An' don't fergit about the great football comin' up this weekend! (Is it "WAR-DAWG!" or "Sic 'em, Bull-eagles!"? I'm so confused with this upcomin' SEC Championship Game.)
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-17, 06:48 PM   #2
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

Tough day out for sure, even if you aren’t a confused LSU fan. Sorry about the prop, glad you got out as it beat sitting inside

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-17, 08:11 PM   #3
Da Da's Fishing
Internet Technologies Officer, Director, Hall of Fame Member

Beats sitting at home reading posts about fishing. Get that prop fixed and join me on the big water. The stripes are starting to rise and the big boats are up for the year.

DD F
Old 11-27-17, 10:41 AM   #4
troutbum69
Native

That was me in the drift boat, tough day with nothing to show for it.

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 12:20 PM   #5
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum69 View Post
That was me in the drift boat, tough day with nothing to show for it.
I had a feeling that was you. Boat looked mahty familiar. Hopefully we'll see you out on the water again soon and we can make a proper introduction?
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Old 11-27-17, 01:56 PM   #6
JerryG
Native

Swampy pardon if yer waya talkin maya worn off ahn me. I recon id be in the ol hallor fame if i wereta fashin up a thead for ahlla ma skunkins.

We ran alda way down ta yore parts, b'mah estimatin that was well awn befoh you felld outta bed. Woke a lotta folks up that was wantin to sleep the day away in them big ol river manshuns Id reckun. Then we came an figired since thar wadnt much luck left in dem parts we autta head back up yonder past wher we'd left the truck. Up and over sum big ol rapids and roun tha corner in time to ride that big ol dirty watar down. Seen a feller catch him uppa 20 incher innit back in summa time an been wantin to try it summore. Legun has it somma dem little fishan minners get all stirred up and cant swim gud in alla dem waves an them big old trouts come an collect em up.

Enda ahl that ridin round an lotsa castin, ahl we could show fur it we could collect up awn 1 hand fulla countin fingers. 2 yeller fish an 1 silvery one who i reckon fell outta the truck jus recently fer we aint seen one in i cant recahl. Maybe dem gubment boys dun hauled off an stockered up tha tailwata too, long wit dem city folks fishin holes.
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 02:02 PM   #7
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
Well, y'all. Meaux an' I got a hank'rin' t' git out on the 'Hooch t'day after church on account of we ain't been out but once since June 29th. The COE at the Buford dam decided to make a release raht at the wrong time of the day an' so we got to Abbotts Bridge at 'round an' about the 'zackly wrong time.

The water was a-risin', it was gittin' murkier, an' bein' as this was only our secont tahm out on the river since back in late June, the channel had changed up on us also too. (We're boat-fishin' people, so that makes a diff'rence.)

Well, this early Sunday afternoon, 'twas raht purty on the river. 'Tweren't hardly enny traffic insofar as boats go. I think we saw only two other bateaus on the water durin' the day.

When we firstest got there, I jumped outta the truck an' run down t' the river to see what it looked lahk. It was a little bit higher than usual, but wasn't ennythin' to be worried 'bout. Five minutes later, as we were puttin' the boat in the river, it was three inches higher, but we didn't allow ourse'fs to be too disconsternated by it. We put in an' commenced a-headin' nawth (that'd be up-river fer those unfamiliar with the 'Hooch).

We went slow as could be at first. Idlin' speed. As we approached the GA120 bridge with the swifter water I gunned the motor only jes' a little bit so as we could git through. After that we motored slowly an' patiently up-river 'til we got right up adjacent to the steps at Rogers Bridge, an' then we commenced a-floatin' back down.

Thar was a drift boat up-river from us that nigh on caught up to us as we were a-driftin', but they never did ketch us. We even drifted through the rocks twice at what I call the "Big Bend", about a mile up from Abbotts, an' never got so much as a nibble. An' that drift boat ahind of us didn't git enny nibbles thar either, so I felt good about that since we weren't the onliest ones that got skunked passin' through a good hole.

The shoals up anunderneath of Abbotts Bridge/GA120 didn't produce enny hits either, an' we made three passes through that water! I was mahty disappointed with that.

Meaux kept on the trollin' motor an' we continued a-fishin' nigh on to what fishmonger an' skibum call "Soccer Field Shoals." Still, all this tahm there ain't nary a bite to be had.
Eventually, we called it off an' turned back t'ward Abbotts to call it a day. We figgered 'twas good 'nuff to have spent a day on the water without a fish than to have never got out on the water at all.

We got back to the ramp at Abbotts an' Meaux went to git the truck and back the trailer down the ramp fer me to drive the 'Hoochee Queen on to. 'Twas mah misfortune, however, to let the boat drift into some fallen timber afore I threw her into gear. Needless to say, I hooked the perpeller on a submerged branch and mangled it (the perpeller, not the branch) to a substantial degree.

We got the bateau loaded up, strapped her down, an' headed home with a mahty fahn aroma of "skunk" follerin' us all the way fro Duluth to Lawrenceville.

So, no joy as far as fishin' goes this weekend, but we still had a good tahm on the water. An' on top of that, UGA won, Alabamastan lost, an' most importantly, LSU beat those heatherns from College Station, TX.

I'm sorry I haven't posted enny photos from today's excursion, but what's the point if there weren't enny fish to post? We did, however, have a four-point deer jump into the water from the west bank, raht at the Abbotts ramp, an' swim acrost the river raht in front of us. I reckon that was the high point of our day.

Ennyway, I hope y'alls' Thanksgivin' weekend was pleasurable an' included stickin' a few fishies in their lips!

We have a couple more holidays comin' up in the next five or six weeks. Enjoy the time with y'alls' families, but don't neglect gittin' outside an' catchin' a few trouts! An' don't fergit about the great football comin' up this weekend! (Is it "WAR-DAWG!" or "Sic 'em, Bull-eagles!"? I'm so confused with this upcomin' SEC Championship Game.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
Swampy pardon if yer waya talkin maya worn off ahn me. I recon id be in the ol hallor fame if i wereta fashin up a thead for ahlla ma skunkins.

We ran alda way down ta yore parts, b'mah estimatin that was well awn befoh you felld outta bed. Woke a lotta folks up that was wantin to sleep the day away in them big ol river manshuns Id reckun. Then we came an figired since thar wadnt much luck left in dem parts we autta head back up yonder past wher we'd left the truck. Up and over sum big ol rapids and roun tha corner in time to ride that big ol dirty watar down. Seen a feller catch him uppa 20 incher innit back in summa time an been wantin to try it summore. Legun has it somma dem little fishan minners get all stirred up and cant swim gud in alla dem waves an them big old trouts come an collect em up.

Enda ahl that ridin round an lotsa castin, ahl we could show fur it we could collect up awn 1 hand fulla countin fingers. 2 yeller fish an 1 silvery one who i reckon fell outta the truck jus recently fer we aint seen one in i cant recahl. Maybe dem gubment boys dun hauled off an stockered up tha tailwata too, long wit dem city folks fishin holes.
Guys come on... y'all should try listening to some Hooked on Phonics while you getting skunked. Least you'll get sum learnin' dun.

Last edited by Philhutch80; 11-27-17 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Grammar Perfection
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 02:04 PM   #8
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Da's Fishing View Post
Beats sitting at home reading posts about fishing. G

DD F
First off, I refuse to read that cajunized English, it hurts my brain. And now Swampy has got Jerry doing it too!

But I did read enough of Swampy's rant to say that I have had plenty of outdoor outings in my life that I looked back on and said "I sure wish I had stayed home".

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 02:14 PM   #9
JerryG
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
First off, I refuse to read that cajunized English, it hurts my brain. And now Swampy has got Jerry doing it too!

But I did read enough of Swampy's rant to say that I have had plenty of outdoor outings in my life that I looked back on and said "I sure wish I had stayed home".
Well I guess I went ahn an tried stayin round the the house today. Reckon I'll admit itta shofire way to not catch nuthin. Askd it of the ol bossamahn weeks ago thankin ain't nobody wants to go an werk afta the holiday an i ain't no ceptshun. Had the batuea all connected up an fulla fishin gas,then after sum contemplatin up on al mah chores and how we ain't had no luck Sundee I'd best maka run down to the wood store an work on ma fence a lil.

The ol woman shur does seem thankful for some chore werk and it shore keeps me a smilin and gits me plenty of fishun time too. So here I'm justa werkin in the sunshine. Boys at the woodstore sho seemed to like the ideer of a ol batuea fer wood haulin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 03:28 PM   #10
Swamp Angel
President

Jerry, I must admit that I might’ve been out done bah your skill at writin’ words the way they are pernounced here in the foothills of Appalachia. Mah hat is off to you, mah fahn sir!