NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-17, 11:56 AM   #61
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_got_skunked View Post
Thermal "pollution" = thermal restoration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum69 View Post
This guy gets it^
Save the carp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In theory yeah if it was a non dammed river thermal pollution= thermal restoration. But there is no restoration going on and the river is still dammed and it is still a bottom release style dam which means it is an artificial fishery basically throwing your arguments out. But as troutbum69 said, save the carp! They do not do well with siltation as well.
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 12:01 PM   #62
I_got_skunked
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
In theory yeah if it was a non dammed river thermal pollution= thermal restoration. But there is no restoration going on and the river is still dammed and it is still a bottom release style dam which means it is an artificial fishery basically throwing your arguments out. But as troutbum69 said, save the carp! They do not do well with siltation as well.
The dam gives us an opportunity to restore the natural state through increased industry and jobs. Are you a communist that hates jobs?

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 12:01 PM   #63
Dylar
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_got_skunked View Post
Thermal "pollution" = thermal restoration.
Does it, though? Or does it just leave degraded trout habitat without actually producing the kind of temperature profile conducive to a warm water fishery?
Dylar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 12:05 PM   #64
I_got_skunked
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
Does it, though? Or does it just leave degraded trout habitat without actually producing the kind of temperature profile conducive to a warm water fishery?
More concrete and factories, more jobs, less invasive species. This is a no brainer for conservation. The dam is our pollution, but we get to counter it with the things we would normally consider bad. What an opportunity!!! Save the carp!!

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 12:48 PM   #65
troutbum69
Native

Carp are just as sacred as brown trout are. Being that they're native to Europe, not north aneroca

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 12:54 PM   #66
troutbum69
Native

North America*

In my opinion y'all are all blaming the dam but I think it's the lack of water flowing underneath it that's the issue. If there were no dam and the same development riverside then it'd be bass with gills full of sand instead of trout. Either way the dam isn't going anywhere. Best case, get them to send more water down(please Supreme Court do us right) and protect the riparian zones. But you're never going to have the fishery that we used to have below Morgan falls. Those days are gone and it wasn't a natural fishery so lamenting it in the lens of "conservation" seems silly to me. Stop buying nymphing rods and drive to LA a few times a year to catch reds. You'll be thankful to have the few fisheries concerns that we have here in Ga.

"Stop Whining"
Old 12-07-17, 05:09 PM   #67
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Quote:
Save the carp!

After much analysis on Google Images I have realized that I was indeed speaking on behalf of the noble Creek Chub instead of the Brown Trout. They sure do look similar. Either way I can't be wrong no matter what anyone says and my word is absolute law. Nor will I even give an inch to any hypotheticals or lacking evidence I might have as I have seen it all within this Earth.

Save the Creek Chub!
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 05:56 PM   #68
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighter View Post
After much analysis on Google Images I have realized that I was indeed speaking on behalf of the noble Creek Chub instead of the Brown Trout. They sure do look similar. Either way I can't be wrong no matter what anyone says and my word is absolute law. Nor will I even give an inch to any hypotheticals or lacking evidence I might have as I have seen it all within this Earth.

Save the Creek Chub!

Now where do horny heads fall into all this?

"Stop Whining"
Old 12-07-17, 05:58 PM   #69
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Quote:
Now where do horny heads fall into all this?

Charles caught the biggest horny head I've seen at Raven's Fork. I think he feels a little more strongly for them than me haha.
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-17, 11:15 PM   #70
ChaChung
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighter View Post
Charles caught the biggest horny head I've seen at Raven's Fork. I think he feels a little more strongly for them than me haha.
Yes. I had the personal pleasure of beholding this beauty (or beast) last summer.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote