NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-17, 04:28 PM   #1
MannyHooks
Native

Default Tullum, Mexico

Good afternoon! Planning a trip to Tullum for early January 2018. Does anyone have any recommendations, tips, tricks, essential fly patterns, DIY fishing advice etc.?? Just scouting it out now and would love to know your experience and recommendations. Thanks!
MannyHooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 05:25 PM   #2
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyHooks View Post
Good afternoon! Planning a trip to Tullum for early January 2018. Does anyone have any recommendations, tips, tricks, essential fly patterns, DIY fishing advice etc.?? Just scouting it out now and would love to know your experience and recommendations. Thanks!
If you're going to DIY Sian Kaan is worth checking out. There is some law there that you have to be 200m from people swimming or something of the like. Pesca Maya has experience guides as the other place called FlyfishTulum I believe, these place are $$$. Heres what I did: Ask around the dive shops they will usually know someone local that works with the guides and will charge a fraction of the cost. I think I wound up spending around $300 and the guy put me on plenty of fish. This was a while back that shop has since closed and was in Puerto Morales which is about an hour away.

I would recommend checking out the ruins at Tulum, I enjoyed these way more than Chichenitza and not as crowded. Also check out the cenotes, they are everywhere. Ponde Rosa, Taj Mahal, Boca Siete (I think its Boca Seis now, one of the collapsed).

Most folks say dont drink the water...this is wrong...drink the water and your gut fauna will adjust quickly, then you won't get sick. I once accidentally broke off a piece of Stalactite in the cenote with poor buoyancy control and figured might as well take it home as a souvenir.
I got scared at the airport then went into the bathroom to throw it away...two mexican TSA where in the bathroom and heard a huge thump as I threw the rock into the garbage can not realizing it was empty. They gave m a dirty look, but I got outta there quick. The whole week my stomach was fine. But on the flight back I demolished that bathroom. Felt bad for the people sitting in the back of the plane. I got Montezuma's in the literal sense. Have Fun and show us pics!
Our enemies are those in league with imperialism- the warlords, the bureaucrats, the comprador class and the reactionary section of the intelligentsia attached to them. The leading force in our revolution is the industrial proletariat. Our closest friends are the entire semi-proletariat and petty bourgeoisie. As for the vacillating middle bourgeoisie, the left wing may become our enemies, and their right wing may become our friend. Our enemies are all around us. We must always be on our guard.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote