NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-17, 05:29 PM   #1
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Default Thank you Matt Lauer, et al - another Christmas tradition bites the dust

Trout8myfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 06:11 PM   #2
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

Way too funny George, but also sad....

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 06:20 PM   #3
raptor
Native

Heck.. Alabama is on the verge of electing an accused Pedophile to the US Senate... Numerous politicians and entertainers have had numerous women now coming-out.. I don't think it will end soon. As someone said: "when you are rich and powerful... you can do anything you want"..
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 07:35 PM   #4
UncleJesse
Native

You know sooner or later, there is going to be some guy come out about how his former female boss, VP, CEO sexually abused him. Then we will have a flood of that.
Old 12-01-17, 08:11 PM   #5
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Heck.. Alabama is on the verge of electing an accused Pedophile to the US Senate... "..
So in your world, accused equals guilty?

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 08:50 PM   #6
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Most of these Schifosas would do it anyways to get famous. One comes out of the woodwork and now its that bandwagon #Metoo train looking for 15 minutes of fame or a payday. Not saying there is no legitimacy in these claims. But this has been going on for years and everyones know about it. Why not saying anything sooner. That chick, Rose Mcogowan was walking around with her buhbahs out not ten years ago, what do you expect?

Theres this general hatred towards Dudes coming out from Social Justices warriors and feminists. Again I'm not against feminists and lets burn all the Bras, but seems like their agenda is shifting towards hatred. Ironically the majority of this is coming out from the same folks that where accusing trump of hatred and sexual misconduct. The hypocrisy and duplicity of these folks is hysterical. Almost makes me want to open up a twitter account, almost.

Lets ban guns, tear down statues and replace them with your people but lets decriminalizing giving someone the HIV (basically a death sentence). But putting murders to death nooooo. Gender is not biological?! Then why are they taking hormones and estregen? and I have to call them certain made up pronouns or pay a fine? A clear freedom of speech violoation. I'm not using your words!

Sorry, for the rant there at the end.....ooooo Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is on.
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 10:25 PM   #7
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post

The proof will be in the civil suits to follow. But of course those won't make the news. Apparently lauer's deal was documented through hr internally so the company and the accuser are probably not only legit but safe from a lawsuit. I can't help but think of how many of these me too stories are going to be settled for millions in damages going to the accusers and the accused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 12:37 AM   #8
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
Of course not. Didn't say he was any more guilty than the others that have been accused of sexual misconduct.. But, it is ironic that we believe some accusers and not others.. how many does it take before it is true.? I think that the best way to determine truth or false accusations is by testimony under oath with the threat of perjury if lying.. . The accusers in the case I mentioned have agreed to testify under oath.. but, not so by the one being accused..

Last edited by raptor; 12-02-17 at 12:43 AM.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 01:20 AM   #9
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Of course not. Didn't say he was any more guilty than the others that have been accused of sexual misconduct.. But, it is ironic that we believe some accusers and not others.. how many does it take before it is true.? I think that the best way to determine truth or false accusations is by testimony under oath with the threat of perjury if lying.. . The accusers in the case I mentioned have agreed to testify under oath.. but, not so by the one being accused..

It's tough when it's he said, she said. This is why you document everything. My wife thinks she's not being treated quite as fairly as she should be at work. Time and time again her superiors have failed to heed her advice and have lost money in the long run. But the situation still reflects poorly on her. She backs up all her emails and correspondence on a non work computer. You never know. So what I'm saying is a lot of these allegations aren't in the corporate world so there's no hr records to work with. But the ones that are, the Matt Laur ones, if there's multiple documented complaints it's a little more than he said she said. BUT! apparently saying, "hey that's a nice blouse!" can be a fireable offense in the past 6 months. I just remember my grandfathers story from when he was a foreman at US steel in Birmingham. There was a female floor worker who came to him and simply asked if it'd be ok if she carried a 2 foot pipe around all day. He didn't ask any questions and said that's fine. Apparently some guys had some on site injuries.... he didn't sign off on their comp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 08:06 AM   #10
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

This whole thing of sexual harassment bothers me, on a number of different levels. I am by nature a "hugger." If any of you have ever done the study, "The Five Love Languages" you will understand a bit better. My "love language" is physical touch. This is not just my married life, it is a part of who I am. I touch, I hug, I want to be touched and hugged back. There are those who want their personal space. If I invade their space, I could be accused of inappropriate touch, even though I did absolutely nothing sexual. To be clear, when I hug, there is no inappropriate touching.
On another level, I have been "propositioned" while working my secular job. If only one of these women (and girls) were to feel rejected and then accuse me of something untrue, I am done. This whole line of accusations, "he said, she said" even though totally false, will be the undoing of many. How do you keep this from happening? Short of having a witness with you everywhere you go, document even the slightest flirt, proposition, etc. If you always tell the truth, you won't have to remember a lie.
CYA, guys. CYA.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote