NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-17, 11:00 AM   #11
fishndoc
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeflyfish View Post
The best guide I have ever had, Kory Chastain. He guides for me here in GA and Idaho.
+2 on Kory

Great guy also. Generous with his fishing knowledge, even when sharing it with a non-client.
fishndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 01:20 PM   #12
Dsaporsky
Native

Congrats on the fish! Beautiful!

I did my first Tocoa tailwater float on Sunday after the release ended around 11. It was cold and overcast, and I didn't do quite as well... I almost exclusively fish with a euro nymphing setup, so the dry dropping we did was not very comfortable for me. Oh well, guess I'll have to practice a bunch before my next trip!
Dsaporsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 01:30 PM   #13
eyeflyfish
Native

We must have just missed each other. I think we got in at the dam around 10:45. We had a dry fly that was really the strike indicator as there was not a take on it the whole day. As for the droppers they were being change frequently. The best were an emerger and anything around a size 12 or 14 with legs.

We finished around five at Curtis Switch.

Last edited by eyeflyfish; 12-19-17 at 02:29 PM.
eyeflyfish is online now   Reply With Quote