NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-17, 12:48 PM   #1
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

Default Merry Christmas 2017

...Hope everyone has a Merry and Safe Christmas ...!

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 03:47 PM   #2
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

I've got 2 more Christmas gatherings, then a family gathering here at mi hacienda. I can't ask for anything more. GOD is good. All the time!

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 10:25 PM   #3
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Grandchildren rock Christmas. Yep, God is good.
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 10:40 PM   #4
raptor
Native

Thumbs up

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!! Merry Christmas Everyone !
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 07:52 AM   #5
Swamp Angel
President

Merry Christmas, Jimmy, and ev'ryone else also too!

I'll be driving to Lafayette, Louisiana to finish about a day's worth of work on this past summer's project there. Hopefully I'll return Tuesday or Wednesday and be ready to get into Christmas with the family until flying out to Salt Lake City the day after Christmas for a few warranty items to take care of.

I hope all y'all have a wonderful holiday season with lots of love and fun being had with your families and friends. Trout fishing brings us together on this board, but I believe our God created us all as brethren from the beginning and we should love one another as such.

May God bless everyone during this season that commemorates the arrival of His Son into this world to redeem all men to himself, and may his blessings continue to rain down upon us all during the coming year.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 08:35 AM   #6
splatek16

Right back at y'all!
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 10:19 AM   #7
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...we're doing Christmas Eve dinner and presents at Cath's mom and dad's house 3 blocks from us on the other side of the lake...then, Christmas Day presents and supper at our house...daughter, (Bailey and son-in law Jake Patrick), son, (Adam), in-laws, (Joe and Catherine Passailaigue), niece and hubby,(Drew and Ashley Koliani), me and Cath will be here...family is one thing with which we're blessed by God...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-17, 11:30 AM   #8
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Falcons game at 1:00 on Christmas Eve Day and then a traditional Puerto Rican holiday dinner with the family (roast pork, rice & beans, pastelas, etc) cooked by my smoking hot trophy wife.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 10:48 AM   #9
Fern Valley Girl
NGTO Sponsor, Hall of Fame Member

Default Merry Christmas from Glad & Marty

Blessings to all during this Christmas season.
We're blessed beyond measure in every aspect of life.
Regardless of circumstances, we have the Advent words of Hope, Love, Joy, and Peace
May we reflect on these things as we celebrate the birth of Jesus in our world and our hearts.

This sweet grandchild of ours is a true miracle who graced our lives 2+ years ago. I love her contemplative look at this snow globe. She will help our Christmas be a special one as she begins to understand the excitement and anticipation as she discovers what this is all about.

Marty and I've had some challenging months ~ We came home from vacation in early September to find $$$$ damage to our home from Hurricane Irma. It also seems another storm was brewing in our absence; our son and his wife were both diagnosed with cancer while we were away. It's been pretty tough for them with a 2-year old (their in early 40's!) but we've enjoyed having Katherine here more to help out. Thankfully, they each have a positive prognosis. Peter is recovering from two surgeries (kidney cancer) and Karen (breast cancer) is undergoing chemo with surgery in the Spring.

They seem to be managing with a strong faith and a strong support community.

So, once again, I'm reminded that our human condition is often challenging, but our God is always loving and good.

On another topic ~ Fern Valley is growing and we're most grateful for our loyal anglers and friends. Merry Christmas from Glad & Marty, Harold, Belle, and Meadow
Fern Valley Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 12:31 PM   #10
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern Valley Girl View Post
Blessings to all during this Christmas season.
We're blessed beyond measure in every aspect of life.
Regardless of circumstances, we have the Advent words of Hope, Love, Joy, and Peace
May we reflect on these things as we celebrate the birth of Jesus in our world and our hearts.

This sweet grandchild of ours is a true miracle who graced our lives 2+ years ago. I love her contemplative look at this snow globe. She will help our Christmas be a special one as she begins to understand the excitement and anticipation as she discovers what this is all about.

Marty and I've had some challenging months ~ We came home from vacation in early September to find $$$$ damage to our home from Hurricane Irma. It also seems another storm was brewing in our absence; our son and his wife were both diagnosed with cancer while we were away. It's been pretty tough for them with a 2-year old (their in early 40's!) but we've enjoyed having Katherine here more to help out. Thankfully, they each have a positive prognosis. Peter is recovering from two surgeries (kidney cancer) and Karen (breast cancer) is undergoing chemo with surgery in the Spring.

They seem to be managing with a strong faith and a strong support community.

So, once again, I'm reminded that our human condition is often challenging, but our God is always loving and good.

On another topic ~ Fern Valley is growing and we're most grateful for our loyal anglers and friends. Merry Christmas from Glad & Marty, Harold, Belle, and Meadow
Praying for your kids!
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is online now   Reply With Quote