NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-17, 09:24 AM   #11
Dsaporsky
Native

My favorite part of this story is that you are catching beautiful wild fish (and some piggies!) out of a stream you can almost jump over. Looks can be very deceiving!

Great story!
Dsaporsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 09:52 AM   #12
jonmo
Native

I'll bet you were whooped after hauling in all those beautiful beasts. Hope Santa did bring you some new boots - looks like you got the most out of those others.

Doc
jonmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 10:50 AM   #13
Dylar
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsaporsky View Post
My favorite part of this story is that you are catching beautiful wild fish (and some piggies!) out of a stream you can almost jump over. Looks can be very deceiving!

Great story!
Honestly, it's my favorite part, too.
Dylar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 11:01 AM   #14
Dylar
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_got_skunked View Post
I'm not really familiar with this technique. You peg the bead above the hook and essentially floss hook into the trout's mouth when they bite the bead? How far above the hook typically works best for hook sets?
I've been most successful pegging the bead about 1.5" above the hook. And yeah, depending on how quick your reaction time is, they eat it and you either hook them right in the corner of the jaw, the tip of the nose or under the chin. Clean, solid hookups.
Old 12-26-17, 12:48 PM   #15
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
I've been most successful pegging the bead about 1.5" above the hook. And yeah, depending on how quick your reaction time is, they eat it and you either hook them right in the corner of the jaw, the tip of the nose or under the chin. Clean, solid hookups.
Seen a ton of videos from the Midwest where guys do this on conventional tackle, fly tackle as well as center pin tackle. Simple and cool concept and like Dylar said, good solid hookups! I recommend doing this on the Hooch with yellow beads, just sayin'!
Philhutch80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 01:15 PM   #16
Dylar
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Seen a ton of videos from the Midwest where guys do this on conventional tackle, fly tackle as well as center pin tackle. Simple and cool concept and like Dylar said, good solid hookups! I recommend doing this on the Hooch with yellow beads, just sayin'!
There's a hatchery outflow on the tailwater, right? That dead egg look ought to be potent up there when it's ripping good.