NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-18, 03:53 PM   #1
Ch035
Native

Default Fishing after a release?

Want to hit the dam tomorrow but it looks like from the generation website they are going to release heavier than they normally do from 7-8am. If I get to the dam at 8 do you think it will be blown out?

I know the best fishing is supposed to be on the rise but what has your experience been directly after a heavy release?
Ch035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 04:08 PM   #2
jkwolek1971
Native

The dam never ‘blows out’. There is just not enough silt to do so. Give it 15-20 mins after the release and it will be fine right by the Dam. 30-40 mins farther south.
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 07:08 PM   #3
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Better figure out how to keep ice from clogging your guides and freezing your reel. I fished this morning and had to hand line a fish in due to frozen guides. Tomorrow is a lot colder.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 07:58 PM   #4
jkwolek1971
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Better figure out how to keep ice from clogging your guides and freezing your reel. I fished this morning and had to hand line a fish in due to frozen guides. Tomorrow is a lot colder.
Truer words have never been spoken.
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 09:41 PM   #5
Ch035
Native

Yep. Ice in my guides and reel locked up twice. Good thing I suck at fishing. On caught one decent bow about 6 feet from me. I sprung for those Kast waterproof gloves- once there is water in them- they water doesn’t come out. Lesson learned on making sure the strap is Velcro’d
Ch035 is offline   Reply With Quote