NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-18, 09:46 AM   #1
FlyFishingMedic
Stocker

Default DH Brownies!

Finally got out for an hour or two and hit Paces Mill up. Caught a nice little brownie 3 feet from a blue heron. The pro let me know he was angry about my catch by cawking at me a few times and then managed to pluck the same fish out of the water 2 minutes later when I released it back into the water! A6952ED0-1FDF-4D26-982F-15E9F189A7A6.jpg

86A38BE5-730D-4F61-976E-30621C152BBF.jpg

E0629628-91B3-41C4-82A7-A262225A0AD8.jpg
FlyFishingMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 10:01 AM   #2
Stinkbait
Native

You and the heron had about as much luck as anybody I've seen out there recently.
Stinkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 11:13 AM   #3
The Snag Whisperer
Native

I was at Paces last Friday and spoke to 4 other fisherman who shared my luck - 0 fish caught, 0 strikes, 0 sightings. I did chase down the herons and try to fish near them, though. Looks like I was doing something right despite my luck.
The Snag Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-18, 12:07 PM   #4
FlyFishingMedic
Stocker

It was one of those weird hookups where I actually set the hook when I was mending the line. Caught him on a brown and black bitch creek fly with a prince nymph dropper. I had made the same cast in the same spot about 20x before so I must have anoyed him into opening his mouth and got super lucky on setting the hook. I only had 2 hours to fish and didnt have any luck at all the rest od the time I was out there. Usually Iím trying to cover a lot of water on a normal day and would have fished from the bridge down but because of time I just stuck right there at the boat ramp the whole time. The heron out there with his head close to the water was the only reason I stuck it out for the whole 2 hours. They must be there all spread out bunkered down. Thereís just so much water in that area between whitewater and paces mill and structure for them to hide in. Seems like the past 5 years its been really hard to hook up unless youíre lucky enough to get out there the day after they stock assuming they dont release from morgan dam.
FlyFishingMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 07:19 AM   #5
ClemsonDudeMan
Native

I saw what I assume was that exact same heron standing in that same run catch a 12" rainbow a couple weeks ago. He wasn't happy when I approached his run either. Heron: 1 , The Dude: 0
ClemsonDudeMan is offline   Reply With Quote