NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Warm Water Reports--Freshwater
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-18, 04:58 PM   #1
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Default Some Backyard Monsters

Hello NGTO,

I haven't made a post in a while but I thought today would be a good time to share some other options with the cold weather and rain. I've been practicing with conventional fishing gear figuring it'd help me learn a bit more about streamer fishing as well. I tied on a 2" husky jerk and made a cast along the bank of my backyard lake and was pleasantly surprised to reel in this big crappie. The lake itself has stunted bass due to overpopulation but these crappie and sunfish seem to get huge! The crappie was caught last week and this sunfish was last summer! What are some of your largest panfish/crappie?

More reports to come,

-Sighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 12:39 AM   #2
Jakkbauer
Native

Brooo nice crappie and what a bream! You got some bigguns in there! My neighborhood lake is the same minus the crappie. Bream are huge, bass are stunted, although the bream population is not what it used to be. Have a mess of carp in there as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 04:52 AM   #3
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Thatís nasty. Pour some pond fertilizer in there...I bet you can get those up to 3lbs.
Our enemies are those in league with imperialism- the warlords, the bureaucrats, the comprador class and the reactionary section of the intelligentsia attached to them. The leading force in our revolution is the industrial proletariat. Our closest friends are the entire semi-proletariat and petty bourgeoisie. As for the vacillating middle bourgeoisie, the left wing may become our enemies, and their right wing may become our friend. Our enemies are all around us. We must always be on our guard.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 10:08 AM   #4
jonmo
Native

Those are definitely some healthy slabs. Keep the posts/pic's coming.

Doc
jonmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 01:48 PM   #5
Sighter

Thanks guys! Also Jakk, I noticed the same in my lake, the neighborhood actually drained a lot of it to dig it deeper and then refilled it. Lost a lot of good fish but I'm hoping the population rebounds.

Old 02-13-18, 03:58 PM   #6
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

A shellcracker that size on a 2 weight will give you a fit. Biggest shellcracker I ever caught growing up was 2 1/2 pounds just over 15 inches long and pulled like a freight train. I love em!!

Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 04:43 PM   #7
Sighter

I wish that guy was 2 1/2 lbs 😂 he was definitely past 1 though! Even on a medium action conventional rod the shellcracker was pulling like no other! He slammed a white spinner

Old 02-13-18, 06:42 PM   #8
WPrich
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
A shellcracker that size on a 2 weight will give you a fit. Biggest shellcracker I ever caught growing up was 2 1/2 pounds just over 15 inches long and pulled like a freight train. I love em!!
Same here I love catching(and eating) them, if they got big as bass I'd never be able to land them because man they pull hard!
WPrich is offline   Reply With Quote