NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-18, 09:28 AM   #11
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Kyle View Post
Wildcat Creek is one of the most heavily fished trout streams in the entire state. Everybody knows about it, an everybody fishes it. It is heavily stocked throughout the season, and maintains a fairly healthy population of wild rainbows and browns as well. It is no super duper secret stream. It is heavily written about as well. No secrets there. If you plan to fish some secret streams, you need to look elsewhere. Wildcat gets pounded all year long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum69 View Post
Was my thought when I posted about it a while back. But apparently it too is on the no name list. Recently there's been a few streams n
I'm on the fence; I agree there has been a slow move toward naming more and more small streams. I think it started slowly with some obvious "in plain sight" streams and is starting to move gradually toward slightly more obscure streams. The good thing, I guess, is that most of the 'good streams' require a bit of moving, hiking, climbing, scrambling... and even if mentioned probably wouldn't get visited much more often than they might already. That being said, I hope that NGTO doesn't simply become a place where random 'googlers' can just do a search and come up with "great speck fishing on *_______* stream"
I don't foresee that happening.
I realize I am very new to this board, relative to a lot of y'all, but when I was searching for small streams I had to PM, research, learn the topo of the area and the most fun, just get out there and get on the water. There's been more than one occasion where I've showed up at the "Stream" only to find a trickle that rivaled a drip from my kitchen faucet; other times however, I've found unmarked waterfalls, after waterfalls - sometimes those barrier falls lead to SABTs, sometimes more rainbows and browns, and sometimes no fish, at all; not even a chub! But, for me, that's the fun part, not knowing and doing the research.
Wildcat is pretty much out there, heavily stocked and this might be a holdover stocker or a wild, either way, it's a heckuva fish!
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 09:43 AM   #12
I_got_skunked
Native

But has anyone fished raccoon creek lately? How's the population of large brook trout above the silver comet trail?

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 05:22 PM   #13
Upstream
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_got_skunked View Post
But has anyone fished raccoon creek lately? How's the population of large brook trout above the silver comet trail?
Trust me, that population is just as you remember it.
Upstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 05:24 PM   #14
troutbum69
Native

I'm just sour that a great joke was ruined by censorship. No respect I tell yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 08:02 PM   #15
Killer Kyle
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum69 View Post
Was my thought when I posted about it a while back. But apparently it too is on the no name list. Recently there's been a few streams named and described in detail. I think it's time to cool it on that

I never thought W#$&+*T creek would be on the list?! News to me!! Speaking of which, I need to see this list....just so that I don't make the same offense twice.
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 10:29 AM   #16
Aardvark
Native

If I know about Wildcat Creek, then it can't be a super secret stream.
Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 11:44 AM   #17
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member

I have a pretty hard and fast rule on reporting posts. If it's stocked, or mentioned by name in the DNR regs book, it slides. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

No matter how you slice it, Wildcat (in Rabun) is 100% fair game IMHO. Other than Rock Creek, it's about as close as you can get to fishing in the hatchery. It's literally a mile down the street. The locals sit in their trucks and wait on the stocking truck to come by, hop out, catch a limit, and leave.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-18, 09:52 AM   #18
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame

I think it is ok to mention a creek if it is receiving a weekly stocking of trout. But that is just my 2 cents.
Old 01-21-18, 08:20 PM   #19
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

The locals sit in their trucks and wait on the stocking truck to come by, hop out, catch a limit, and leave.

Most do, some put a limit in the truck, wait a little, go catch another limit. I used to get my boxers in a bunch by this, but I soon realized that it's gonna happen. I would rather keep the few wild streams that I have fished off the grid as much as possible. There have been a few mentioned on here lately that I would rather not see openly listed, but they are in Jacob's books, so its not like they are top secret.
Wildcat is a grocery store fish market.....

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-18, 09:17 PM   #20
troutbum69
Native

Welp I deleted the PM but ole swamp angel messaged me to let me know the name of the stream was redacted

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote