NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-18, 08:47 AM   #1
erikclymore
Native

Default River cleanup Sat. 1/20

Iíve been thinking lately about doing (or more specifically not doing) my part in making the river a better place. Donít get me wrong, I pay my dues monetarily with things like a parking pass and fishing liscense, but I could do more. Now, Iím not nearly as motivated as Gout. I donít plan on getting envolved in erosion control, and my wrestling moves are minimal at best. What can I say, he is a far superior human being than I in every conceivable way. But I figured I could apply my talents elsewhere, more specifically in the janitorial field, and pick up a bag of trash.
So, Iím planning on getting out next Saturday morning(depending on release and weather) around 8am at the dam and walking/ wading the bank to pick up trash for an hour or so. I figured Iíd make this public in case anyone wanted to join. In a perfect world Iíd like to make this a monthly affair. Obviously Iíll be sticking around afterwards to do some fishing.
Let me know if anyone is interested. Iíll provide the trash bags, and if anyone doesnít want to throw their bag of trash in their car I will happily haul it off.
erikclymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 09:43 AM   #2
splatek16

@ERIK THIS is awesome!
Good on you bro!

For a second, I didn't take this post serious when you referred to Gout as a "Superior human", but I see your humor now LOL

I wish I could join you, but again, I will be at the Gold Cup
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 10:21 AM   #3
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Good Stuff Erik! You know I'm always down to fish with yah, and an hour of my time to give back to the river isn't much at all. Count me in
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 11:05 AM   #4
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Good reminder there Erik. I havenít really been picking up gawwwbitj since the bikini hatches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
@ERIK THIS is awesome!
Good on you bro!

For a second, I didn't take this post serious when you referred to Gout as a "Superior human", but I see your humor now LOL

I wish I could join you, but again, I will be at the Gold Cup
Thereís a lot more of yinz normals around now, since we got rid of eugenics. Lately Iíve been having to use my sixth, or even my seventh senses as not to steer awry. As Governor Body would say:

And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 11:11 AM   #5
erikclymore
Native

Awesome John. Greg, I don’t know what in the hell youre going on about(as usual), so I’ll just assume you’re gonna be there.
Steve, like I said, I’m hoping this can become a regular occurrence, so hopefully there will be more opportunities in the future. There’s a lot of ground to cover and come spring the litter bugs will be out in full force!
Old 01-19-18, 04:51 PM   #6
erikclymore
Native

The Corp of engineers decided their precious release was more important than my completely selfless and possibly downright heroic cleanup effort, so I plan on changing things up and focus on Jones Bridge(Fulton side). I’ll be at the parking lot at 8 am if anybody planned on joining.
Old 01-19-18, 05:22 PM   #7
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Heroic is an understatement. Gout how many days do you go without bathing to tap into that 7th scent?

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 10:11 PM   #8
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikclymore View Post
The Corp of engineers decided their precious release was more important than my completely selfless and possibly downright heroic cleanup effort, so I plan on changing things up and focus on Jones Bridge(Fulton side). I’ll be at the parking lot at 8 am if anybody planned on joining.
Wish I could join you guys, I might come by later in day. Where the Nepalians fish theres going to be trash. Just be ready if they start throwing lead at you. Also going to be alot of gawhbitj on the island itself. I completely forgot about it. Last time I got in there I couldn't get all of it because it was still summer and there where those thorny bushes, but I'm sure theres a good hefty bags worth still there. DO NOT TOUCH MY CHICKEN WIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Heroic is an understatement. Gout how many days do you go without bathing to tap into that 7th scent?
First of all fish don't like it when you use soaps and cocoa butters and coconut lotions or whatever that stuff was I saws you putting on. Second after year of using of Old Spice I started getting rashes. So I don't like fancy parfumes for my armpits.
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 08:47 AM   #9
Jakkbauer
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
First of all fish don't like it when you use soaps and cocoa butters and coconut lotions or whatever that stuff was I saws you putting on. Second after year of using of Old Spice I started getting rashes. So I don't like fancy parfumes for my armpits.
This is true. The fish will be apprehensive to bite if you have recently applied lotion or oils. At the very least don't get it in your hands.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote