NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-18, 09:39 AM   #1
riverdog
Stocker

Default Amicalola DH

Fished the DH section by Steele Brige down to power lines in yesterday’s rain. No luck dredging a black wooly bugger with a san juan worn dropper. Bouncing it off the rocks. Water was clear, running a little high, not bad. Better than doing anything else.
Did see an otter, hope it’s not fishing. Dry cool sight.
riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 10:14 AM   #2
I_got_skunked
Native

There's really only been a couple spots working for me there and they've been super picky. Smaller the better.

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 11:05 AM   #3
splatek16

I've been following these AmiDH posts a bit and am baffled. Compared to last year, where you could virtually toss in an empty hook and be confident of getting a bite, seems like this year the fish are either being way more picky, stocked in lower quantity (which I don't think is the case), or just plain aren't where they "are supposed to be!"

I'd be interested to hear how the AmiDH is fishing relative to the other DH streams, which have had very little reporting...
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 11:27 AM   #4
I_got_skunked
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
I've been following these AmiDH posts a bit and am baffled. Compared to last year, where you could virtually toss in an empty hook and be confident of getting a bite, seems like this year the fish are either being way more picky, stocked in lower quantity (which I don't think is the case), or just plain aren't where they "are supposed to be!"

I'd be interested to hear how the AmiDH is fishing relative to the other DH streams, which have had very little reporting...
Based on what I experienced at paces a couple of times early in the year, and the reports I've seen on here, I'd reckon your best bet for DH fish is Smith's.

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
Old 01-20-18, 03:17 AM   #5
Maveric
Native

Splatek - Im wondering the same thing in reference to the stocking... There hasn't been a new stocking report uploaded since 12/22.... Curious if they've stocked amicola or anywhere else in the last 3-4 weeks....

Maybe they've held off b/c of the cold snaps we've had this winter?

Riverdog - That's cool you saw an otter! Months ago in the fall, a buddy and I saw 3 of them together swimming up stream, not too far down from Steele Bridge. Was pretty cool.... But also got me wondering how much "snackin" they are doing. Ha!
Maveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 08:50 AM   #6
Jakkbauer
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveric View Post
Splatek - Im wondering the same thing in reference to the stocking... There hasn't been a new stocking report uploaded since 12/22.... Curious if they've stocked amicola or anywhere else in the last 3-4 weeks....

Maybe they've held off b/c of the cold snaps we've had this winter?

Riverdog - That's cool you saw an otter! Months ago in the fall, a buddy and I saw 3 of them together swimming up stream, not too far down from Steele Bridge. Was pretty cool.... But also got me wondering how much "snackin" they are doing. Ha!
Try your luck this weekend my good sir.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 10:25 AM   #7
HILLIS LANIER
Native

Smith was stocked yesterday. I was there when the stocking truck arrived. Bite was slow/non existent for a couple of hours after the stocking, and then it picked up a good bit.
Old 01-21-18, 06:39 PM   #8
I_got_skunked
Native

Ahhh the salvation of freshly stocked fish. Caught 20ish in a couple hours. A couple of pretty ones.

Old 01-21-18, 07:25 PM   #9
Big Browns
Native

"THAT'S IT" ..... I'm going fishing! Anyone interested in hitting the AMI tomorrow am?

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

Big Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 03:26 PM   #10
Maveric
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Browns View Post
"THAT'S IT" ..... I'm going fishing! Anyone interested in hitting the AMI tomorrow am?
Man, would have loved to join ya, but couldn't do it today.

I'm hoping to head out there later this week though!

Jakk - You saying they fed the otters?? Appreciate the heads up!
Maveric is offline   Reply With Quote