NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-18, 05:39 PM   #11
richf7
Native

Furlough the ***** congressmen.

Sickening.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 05:47 PM   #12
erikclymore
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by gau16 View Post
Is Gwinnette side accessible? Not a National Park.
Iím thinking he was referring to the Gwinnett side. I was on the Fulton side this morning picking up trash.

This is all very interesting news. I intentionally stay out of touch with reality, I mean politics Iíll be interested to see how it all plays out.
erikclymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 06:46 PM   #13
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder View Post
Remembering back to the shut down several years ago and all of the parks being shut down along the Chattahoochee.Then I thought... Iíll just go to Settles, there isnít a gate there. And when I arrived with my kayak I found that they had bulldozed a couple of big boulders across the road to keep people out. All the trouble they went to to make a show of the government shut down and to just **** people off to make their point.

This has me thinking out loud with this current proposed shut down. If we have paid for a years pass to enter a park and now they are limiting what we have already paid, should we be due a refund on our advanced payment of parks use? I know this is splitting hairs in the big scheme of things but something to vent about. And after all, the peopleís tax dollars pay for the parks to begin with.
Well the good thing about the shutdown is...we can all go out and march and rally for non-existent causes and illegal citizens while millions of government employees are furloughed without pay and military personal (many of whom rely on their paychecks to get by) will have to wait to get paid.
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 07:19 PM   #14
richf7
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
Well the good thing about the shutdown is...we can all go out and march and rally for non-existent causes and illegal citizens while millions of government employees are furloughed without pay and military personal (many of whom rely on their paychecks to get by) will have to wait to get paid.
We are truly living in Bizzaro World.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 07:26 PM   #15
Philhutch80
Native

Both Medlock and Abbottís were open today. @Groundpounder you make a helluva point. We the tax paying citizens should get a refund but I do not know how that would work.
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 10:23 PM   #16
troutbum69
Native

I wish I could set my own salary and not work when things aren't going the way I want them to. I paid for the parks. I'll use them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 09:23 AM   #17
mlewis
Hall of Fame Member Formerly Known as lewdogg

At Cochran Shoals yesterday, the bathrooms were locked with a "closed until further notice" sign on them. Other than that, seemed to be a normal day.

So far, it's better than when it happened October 2013 when the feds had armed guards to keep us from using the park that typically requires minimal daily maintenance to operate. I'd guess 1 or 2 armed guards at each park entrance to prevent citizens from using the park likely costs more money to have a normal employee perform general maintenance and collect the parking fees.
mlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 09:36 AM   #18
I_got_skunked
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis View Post
At Cochran Shoals yesterday, the bathrooms were locked with a "closed until further notice" sign on them. Other than that, seemed to be a normal day.

So far, it's better than when it happened October 2013 when the feds had armed guards to keep us from using the park that typically requires minimal daily maintenance to operate. I'd guess 1 or 2 armed guards at each park entrance to prevent citizens from using the park likely costs more money to have a normal employee perform general maintenance and collect the parking fees.
Yes, it was a petulant show by those in charge at that time to play politics with people's vacations.

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 09:51 AM   #19
yaker
Native

Default Jones Bridge

Did anyone figure out if Jones Bridge was closed on the Gwinnett side? I donít see why it would be since itís a county park, although the Buford releases essentially shut down fishing for most of the day anyway. As a side note, I was there last Friday and I arrived as the stocking truck was pulling out. The ramp was snow covered and there were no new tracks so I guess his stocking was thwarted.
yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 10:06 AM   #20
gau16
Native

Iím with you there. I have to imagine itís open. Like you said, county park.