NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-18, 06:50 AM   #41
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
The biggest variable impacting angling mortality is water temperature. At 58*, you can punt a trout to the next drainage and it will be fine. At 68*, it will die from an angry look.
Yep.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-18, 12:32 PM   #42
trout1980
Native

Is there a reason Dukes Creek is catch and release?

If people are regularly violating the special regs doesn't it defeat the purpose of them?
trout1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-18, 01:59 PM   #43
TitanTim2004
Native

Lots of people ignore the rules at Dukes. I caught about an 18-19" rainbow in section 1 several years back that had a snelled, barbed baitholder hook stuck in its throat with about 6" of line hanging from its mouth. I have found worm boxes and corn cans along most sections of Dukes. I haven't fished it in about 5 years but it sounds like nothing has changed.
Old 01-24-18, 02:17 PM   #44
trout4life
Native

Send a message via Yahoo to trout4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanTim2004 View Post
Lots of people ignore the rules at Dukes. I caught about an 18-19" rainbow in section 1 several years back that had a snelled, barbed baitholder hook stuck in its throat with about 6" of line hanging from its mouth. I have found worm boxes and corn cans along most sections of Dukes. I haven't fished it in about 5 years but it sounds like nothing has changed.
I must have dropped my can of corn after eating my cheese and corn sandwich which I take to all the streams that are artificial only.
trout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-18, 02:45 PM   #45
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

"That's not bait Ossifer, that is my lunch!"

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-18, 03:01 PM   #46
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
"That's not bait Ossifer, that is my lunch!"

And now we see Buck Henry's oral fixation with phallic objects....
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 09:25 AM   #47
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Those People

There are those people who a complete disregard for rules, laws, ethics and regulations. They seem to believe those regulations are made for others, not them, as they always have some special circumstance making it acceptable for them to ignore regulations put in place to create unique recreational opportunities like Dukes Creek. What is truly frustrating is that when someone violates the rules and gets caught, the judge gives them a little slap on the wrist and sends them home.

I suspect these pond scum have always been with us and probably will continue to be with us. Consider the angler who takes their child with them to break rules and regulations. What does that instill in that young angler?

For most of us, we do respect the rules and regulations because we know they are for the common good and the good of the sport we love. Do what you can, report all instances of misbehavior like worm cartons on Dukes Creek to local authorities. If enough people complain some action may be taken to improve enforcement. And when you can, take a young angler fishing and have the conservation discussion with them. Not a sermon, but if you see that worm carton on Dukes, explain the implications and how that rule breaker may have ruined your fishing day.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 09:57 AM   #48
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNKIES View Post
There are those people who a complete disregard for rules, laws, ethics and regulations. They seem to believe those regulations are made for others, not them, as they always have some special circumstance making it acceptable for them to ignore regulations put in place to create unique recreational opportunities like Dukes Creek. What is truly frustrating is that when someone violates the rules and gets caught, the judge gives them a little slap on the wrist and sends them home.

I suspect these pond scum have always been with us and probably will continue to be with us. Consider the angler who takes their child with them to break rules and regulations. What does that instill in that young angler?

For most of us, we do respect the rules and regulations because we know they are for the common good and the good of the sport we love. Do what you can, report all instances of misbehavior like worm cartons on Dukes Creek to local authorities. If enough people complain some action may be taken to improve enforcement. And when you can, take a young angler fishing and have the conservation discussion with them. Not a sermon, but if you see that worm carton on Dukes, explain the implications and how that rule breaker may have ruined your fishing day.
Dilly Dilly!

Couldn't be said better
Old 01-26-18, 09:21 AM   #49
Jimmy Harris
Hall of Fame Member, NGTO Sponsor

Quote:

Got get em, John! You may not live in Georgia these days but we still appreciate your love for the resources. What's even more disgusting to me is that there are some local "guides" who have made a game of slipping in to Dukes Creek at night and poaching big browns. It infuriates me! Too much testosterone.
Jimmy Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 09:30 AM   #50
splatek16

Quote:
Consider the angler who takes their child with them to break rules and regulations. What does that instill in that young angler?
Your whole post is perfect, IMHO. And I am one of the opposite fellas; I take little Spencer with me and I adamantly teach him to follow the rules on the streams so that he can fish for a long long time and enjoy with me for hopefully a long long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
Got get em, John! You may not live in Georgia these days but we still appreciate your love for the resources. What's even more disgusting to me is that there are some local "guides" who have made a game of slipping in to Dukes Creek at night and poaching big browns. It infuriates me! Too much testosterone.
So, this really does happen!? I've heard rumors, but always chalked it up to rumors predicated upon the skunk on the stream... that sucks!
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote