NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-18, 12:27 PM   #11
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Default Directions

Brevard and the Davison River are tucked into something of a corner of the mountains so any access requires some two lane travel. Which two lane you select probably does not affect actual travel time, more a scenic option. But at the end of the day, highway 276 does follow the Davison until the split at the hatchery turn off of 276.

Take I-85 north to the SC state line and take SC exit 1 onto SC Scenic highway 11. On this road, use your cruise control and don't bend the speed limit. I have gotten more tickets on this road than any other. BTW just a couple miles from I-85 on the right is Spotted Pig BBQ which is really good.

On highway 11 you will see the intersection with highway 276 going up and over Caesar's Head Rock. Twisty but takes you right into Brevard where 276 turns right in the middle of town and then left to go up the canyon. The SC Park gift shop at the top of the climb has some great deals on lock back knives.

Or, you can take Highway 11 across to US 25 and head north where just below Hendersonville it melds into I-26. Stay north a couple of miles to US 64 west and take that through Hendersonville and over to Brevard. Where US 64 does a hard left turn, you stay straight as the Davison is right in front of you. Off to the left is Davison River Outfitters and Hawg Wild BBQ in case you are still hungry or had to ride in the backseat coming up 276 and lost your earlier lunch ... 8- O You may think this route is too out of the way, but travel is composed of miles and minutes and in this instance, more miles may require fewer minutes.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 12:01 PM   #12
txc35
Native

Default NC

Thank you so much for the details on Brevard county and NC. I'll check this out...soon!
txc35 is offline   Reply With Quote