NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-18, 09:27 AM   #11
freestone1
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLIS LANIER View Post
I like fishing Fires Creek, but I think it was last stocked in early November, and will not be stocked again until early March, so I am wondering how it fishes in February. I read somewhere that fishing can be good on the NC DH streams in Feb., but I don't think they are stocked in Dec, Jan, and Feb.

I am a huge fan of Fires Creek...may have to alter our route back to Augusta just to swing by Fires for a couple of hours. Based on my limited experience @ Fires, I believe there are a quite a few streamborn fish and holdovers in there so I wouldn’t sweat the stocking schedule too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freestone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-18, 10:16 AM   #12
Dylar
Native

If you want to do a Tuck float, Fly Fishing the Smokies runs a 5hr float trip special for $225.
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-18, 08:48 PM   #13
ferrulewax
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLIS LANIER View Post
I like fishing Fires Creek, but I think it was last stocked in early November, and will not be stocked again until early March, so I am wondering how it fishes in February. I read somewhere that fishing can be good on the NC DH streams in Feb., but I don't think they are stocked in Dec, Jan, and Feb.
If it fishes in February anything like it has in Late December and January (it should) it isn't too hot. It has been very tough, for a DH. Fished it in late December, had the best luck on a size 18 soft hackle PT, and fished 5 and 6x. Fished it again a week or two ago and, again, saw plenty of fish, caught a decent mix of wild fish and stockers, but nothing like typical. All the fish I caught were in places that looked like most people may overlook them.

The fish have been very pressured, and they act like it.

My Instagram
Unicoi Outfitters
ferrulewax is offline   Reply With Quote