NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-18, 01:03 PM   #11
I_got_skunked
Native

If I were to celebrate my birthday with a fishing trip, it would be to the abacos. Not really for the bonefish, though you could spend a day doing that.

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 01:37 PM   #12
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster30 View Post
Not sure on how many day I want to fish but at least 2-3. As far as $ I don't know how much I would be looking at for each trip I would like to go somewhere and strictly fish so not worried about seeing the area I figured I would get plenty of view when I went fishing so touring the area isn't a factor. Suggestions?
You would definitely need to narrow it down a little. Do you want to fly? Personally, I would go to Labrador for brookies; Alaska for the silver run in early September; or British Columbia for salmon/steelheads if I had a week. Catching the brown trout run out of the great lakes is doable over a weekend. Now part of the adventure is seeing the area and it would be a shame if you didn't explore Alaska or Canada
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 02:57 PM   #13
CookieMonster30
Stocker

I'm defintely not opposed going to Labrador for some brook trout and not opposed to flying somewhere to fish. Have any experience with any guides up there/lodging? Looking for some specific guides/lodges/fishing locations if anyone has any.
Old 01-26-18, 03:52 PM   #14
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Cool CookieMonster30

Dear Cookie: Alexa doesn't live here.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 05:52 PM   #15
CookieMonster30
Stocker

Dear Johnkies:

The fact that Alexa doesn't live here is exactly why I'm asking on this message board to get some suggestions from actual human fisherman who have some experience and not the voice of a robotic woman with absolutely no fishing knowledge.
Old 01-29-18, 09:03 AM   #16
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Dear Cookie,
You really need to provide information. A just want to fish isn't going to get you much. Are you going solo? How long to you want to fish? Are you afraid of the dark? Can you take care of yourself in the woods, in a tent, for a week with the knowledge that the nearest help is a helicopter/plane ride away? Do you want to be coddled, fed everyday.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 03:10 PM   #17
Upstream
Native

Assuming you've got it right about entering your "3rd decade on this planet," you're about to turn 20. Go backpacking. Wind River Range or Beartooth Plateau (that'll be lakes) if you have the time and $, GSMNP if you don't. That stuff gets harder to fit in, in many ways, when you start looking at your 7th decade.
Upstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 04:09 PM   #18
retiredmp
Good Idea Fairy Hunter

If fishing in Alaska hits your radar - get in touch with me. I can provide you several resources of where to find information. I know a great guide service on the Kenai River. Some saltwater Charter Captains out of Seward, AK.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-18, 01:14 AM   #19
wspanic
Native

Ascension Bay

Youíll catch endless amounts of bonefish and get plenty of shots at a permit, also lots of tarpon there too

All this can be done on a budget as well
wspanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-18, 02:35 AM   #20
troutbum69
Native

http://www.sleepwhenyouredead.com/se...kas-far-north/

I'll tag along on a trip like this. A bucket list item for me that isn't too inaccessible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote