NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-18, 05:32 PM   #11
GoutUnlimited
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1321 View Post
Guess it was a matter of time. At least it happened this time of year. Could've been disastrous in the summer.
This is true. I'm surprised its taken this long. I noticed after those storms and flooding we had in '15 it got really bad and started to lean more and even worse last year, can't find the thread now. They did take off the climbing access a few years back but I'm glad I got to do it when it was up. SB is a cake walk compared to JB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
Totally thought you were kidding;
WTH!?
Maybe they'll take notice round your way and you can finally fish in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancheesey View Post
It is indeed down...gout in the area when the bridge collapses...coincidence? I think not...
No such thing as coincidences. You think that tree across the way just fell on it own? Those Buddhists should have thought twice before slinging lead at me. Now they'll never be able to cast across towards the Pylons. Oh, rats! They'll just climb atop the bridge like they did the tree!

Bitter sweet really, maybe the new underwater structure will produce some effervescence and aquatic biomass.
Old 01-25-18, 06:16 PM   #12
Swamp Angel
President

Good photos, Gout! Wish you had some video of it collapsing, but I guess we can't have everything.

Glad you weren't standing under it when it came down.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 06:28 PM   #13
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
Good photos, Gout! Wish you had some video of it collapsing, but I guess we can't have everything.

Glad you weren't standing under it when it came down.
Swampy you know good and well Gout was trying to climb up to spot fish he could cast too!
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 06:30 PM   #14
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Swampy you know good and well Gout was trying to climb up to spot fish he could cast too!

You're not supposed to let everyone else know that!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 06:43 PM   #15
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoutUnlimited View Post

Bitter sweet really, maybe the new underwater structure will produce some effervescence and aquatic biomass.
No doubt it will. When are you taking Settles down?

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 06:56 PM   #16
GoutUnlimited
Native

Okay. You guys are going to think I'm crazy but these jokes are starting to hit home a bit, and I wasn't 100% honest. Some kinda sick karma. But my heart is heavy and I need to clear my conscience.

Working one of my favorite runs, I got snagged on the bottom on a small rock. A pebble really if anything. There was a flock of geese swimming towards that run. I was able to clear the snag but the little rock was still attached to my hook. I swung my fly over, still embedded in the rock to check for aquatic biomass.

They geese where getting closer and where going to ruin that run. I flung the rock at the main looking goose and he and the one behind him took off, shortly followed by the rest of the gander. This was a minute or so before the bridge fell.

When I went to take pictures, the guy fishing said he saw some rowdy geese near the bridge when it came down. There.
Old 01-25-18, 07:49 PM   #17
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 08:00 PM   #18
Jakkbauer
Native

Quote:
Okay. You guys are going to think I'm crazy but these jokes are starting to hit home a bit, and I wasn't 100% honest. Some kinda sick karma. But my heart is heavy and I need to clear my conscience.

Working one of my favorite runs, I got snagged on the bottom on a small rock. A pebble really if anything. There was a flock of geese swimming towards that run. I was able to clear the snag but the little rock was still attached to my hook. I swung my fly over, still embedded in the rock to check for aquatic biomass.

They geese where getting closer and where going to ruin that run. I flung the rock at the main looking goose and he and the one behind him took off, shortly followed by the rest of the gander. This was a minute or so before the bridge fell.

When I went to take pictures, the guy fishing said he saw some rowdy geese near the bridge when it came down. There.
You sir are a legend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 08:10 PM   #19
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
I’m sure they’ll scrap it to build some shkvals B.H.
Nice try, but the MK-48 is the standard on this side of the pond.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 08:47 PM   #20
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

There wasn't a BKarma sighting anywhere near JB was there? Just checking, just in case we have a bkarma in training.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote