NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-18, 09:10 PM   #21
ChaChung
Native

Dude. You witnessed a part of chattahoochee history.

I wonder if the downed portion of the bridge is going to trap all kinds of debris now....

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 09:17 PM   #22
Jakkbauer
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaChung View Post
Dude. You witnessed a part of chattahoochee history.

I wonder if the downed portion of the bridge is going to trap all kinds of debris now....
Yes, Jones Bridge is now the hooch's biggest strainer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 09:31 PM   #23
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Think I may have figured out a way to save the city a good $3.5mil

This is the proposed design for the pedestrian bridge across Medlock...looks very familiar:

Theres also going to be a land use meeting regarding the Fiserv property soon...I'll try to rebel rouse up some tree huggers and will have my rod and pitch fork in tow.

http://peachtreecornerslife.com/2018...ay-january-29/
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 09:55 PM   #24
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnpreacher View Post
There wasn't a BKarma sighting anywhere near JB was there? Just checking, just in case we have a bkarma in training.
Preach, you must've been doing those Sun gazing exercises, keep at it and soon you'll be able to unleash your 6th or even 7th senses. Your psychokinesis powers are definitely starting to warm up because I in fact did see BKarma today:

Old 01-26-18, 07:07 AM   #25
eyeflyfish
Native

Quote:
Okay. You guys are going to think I'm crazy but these jokes are starting to hit home a bit, and I wasn't 100% honest. Some kinda sick karma. But my heart is heavy and I need to clear my conscience.

Working one of my favorite runs, I got snagged on the bottom on a small rock. A pebble really if anything. There was a flock of geese swimming towards that run. I was able to clear the snag but the little rock was still attached to my hook. I swung my fly over, still embedded in the rock to check for aquatic biomass.

They geese where getting closer and where going to ruin that run. I flung the rock at the main looking goose and he and the one behind him took off, shortly followed by the rest of the gander. This was a minute or so before the bridge fell.

When I went to take pictures, the guy fishing said he saw some rowdy geese near the bridge when it came down. There.
Gout, I know you must feel so much better about yourself after getting the truth out there.

I wonder if we will have steelhead trout now.
eyeflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 08:21 AM   #26
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeflyfish View Post
Gout, I know you must feel so much better about yourself after getting the truth out there.

If we end up with Kamloops then Iíve got an arsenal of Stephanie flies ready. 😜

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

baldea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 10:05 AM   #27
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeflyfish View Post

There’s an interesting thought. There have been some ideas floating around about rescuing some of the bigger bows from the DH.

Aa far as steel is concerned...look up Chinese ghost towns and that should give you an idea of where US steel is going, along with our treasury bonds.

But you know that old adage...” If you owe the bank $100 dollars you have a problem, if you owe the bank $1.2 trillion there is no longer a problem.”

Last edited by GoutUnlimited; 01-26-18 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Grammaticals
Old 01-26-18, 10:08 AM   #28
erikclymore
Native

This might be a stretch, but hear me out.
I think Rscott and Rich put Gout up to it. Tired of the frequent skunkings administered by IF they started brainstorming on how to get more fish to the relatively fish less waters. Things got extreme real quick when one of them(the exact culprit is still unknown) decided to detonate a bomb creating a tidal wave of trout that would hopefully flush all the fish down south. They needed a scapegoat, though, because those gentlemen are way too high profile to be(directly) involved in the act. They needed to keep their hands clean.
So, they decided to use the resident hooch hooligan, Gout, to do the dirty work.
Gout, now armed with military grade explosives set up shop near JB, because everyone knows that area is rich with kype jawed browns and 19.999Ē rainbows.
Now, obviously Gout botched the plan. He intended to place the bomb below the bridge as to not effect one of the hoochís biggest landmark, but as usual he ended up getting into a pissing match with a couple of Czech bait chunkers. Things got heated. After throwing everything he had on his person he grabbed the explosive and without thinking he chucked it at them with all his might. As usual, Gout missed. He hit the bridge and it exploded on impact. Now most folks would have grabbed their gear and ran, but Gout ainít most folks... Instead he took pictures to back up this elaborate story about the bridge collapsing on its own. Is it possible? Sure.
In the end I guess we will never know...
erikclymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 10:36 AM   #29
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Hmmmm...wonder if this is going to get the Rogers Bridge proponents scratching their heads. The idea was to renovate the old bridge to connect the Fulton and Gwinnett sides.

And from last year: http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/loc...eb1a17db8.html

ETA: Scratch that. Looks like it'll be a new bridge.
Quote:
The preferred alternative, based upon stakeholder and public comment, is RP-2 (Replica Truss Bridge) which replaces the existing structure with a historically similar structure. This alternative was the most popular overall based on a design that stays true to the original historical bridge appearance while being faster to construct, more cost-effective to build and maintain than the other options, and offering a wider path than the existing structure could accommodate.

Last edited by Trout8myfly; 01-26-18 at 10:44 AM.
Trout8myfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 10:41 AM   #30
YERF DOG
Native

Make Bridges Great Again!