NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-18, 03:22 PM   #1
Bboyd
Native

Default IF 1/26

Hit IF today for 4 hrs. The water was crystal clear as there was no release today. I tried midges, BHHE, Green weenies, Prince Nymphs, soft hackles, and nothing. I was getting plenty of bottom moss but no takes. I fished the upper and lower 320 shoal across to the island and the back side of the island from the down stream end to the top end. I talked to a spin fisherman who was having the same bad luck. Maybe next time.
Bboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 03:31 PM   #2
csharp1171
Native

Beats sitting at work which is what I'm doing right now.
csharp1171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 07:04 PM   #3
djangofly
Native

The fish have definitely moved far away from their usual spots. I suspect there is some deep water somewhere where they are just stacked up. Now if I could just find that water. I am hoping when the water temps get back into the 50's consistently they will be easier to locate.
djangofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 08:05 PM   #4
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboyd View Post
Hit IF today for 4 hrs. The water was crystal clear as there was no release today. I tried midges, BHHE, Green weenies, Prince Nymphs, soft hackles, and nothing. I was getting plenty of bottom moss but no takes. I fished the upper and lower 320 shoal across to the island and the back side of the island from the down stream end to the top end. I talked to a spin fisherman who was having the same bad luck. Maybe next time.
Basically same day I had until the sun started going down but wasn’t able to land any nonethemore. Richard had some secret midges. I saw all the flys on his patch he went through probably at least 25-30.
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 09:53 PM   #5
WPrich
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
Basically same day I had until the sun started going down but wasn’t able to land any nonethemore. Richard had some secret midges. I saw all the flys on his patch he went through probably at least 25-30.
Yea I went through alot of flies and didn't have much to show for it, landed 4 fish but did have quite a few misses and breakoffs so they are there.
WPrich is offline   Reply With Quote